1. Collapse Details
    In California for a week
    Alberta originally, midwest currently, SoCal in June
    Hello everyone,
    I've been reading through the posts for the past couple of months and THIS WEBSITE IS AMAZING! I really appreciate the time you all spend helping out people you barely know and your posts are sometimes hilarious (arguments between yoshi and basically everyone else or discussions on proper grammar - i love them very alot * ).

The reviews of the different parts, specifically FNR boxes, are great and I was able to save one of my friends from wasting money on one of the crappy Team moto boxes and helped him find Dan at RPM.

I won't be building a buggy for a while (I travel over 9 months a year and don't have the money) but when I do I'll definitely be starting with Rorty plans and asking for everyone's advice (and criticism!).

Anyway, I'm in San Diego for week visiting my brother for thanksgiving (until the 26th) and was hoping to see a few buggy's in person. Does anyone have any suggestions for manufacturers or retailers I could visit?

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Re: In California for a week
    You could visit the snake ...sean.... * * * *
    he build the strongest cage in america * * * *
    Ok back to reality...Welcome to the site...

3. Collapse Details
    Just drive out to glamis....You will see all you want....Look for a big off white, grey cube van, or box truck, says moskito on the back...

4. Collapse Details
    That's right K is out there this week [smilie=icon_bolt.gif]

5. Collapse Details
    K? Everyone and there brother will be there this weekend, Thanksgiving weekend is the season opener, likely you will see many famous people to boot....

6. Collapse Details
    Welcome to MBN! There are numerous shops in San Diego. Just for kicks I searched the Yahoo yellow pages for Dune Buggy and got 21 hits. *Give that a try and make some calls to see who will be open and which shop has cars for you to see.

Going to the desert is a very good idea if you have a way to get around the sand. You could go to Gordons Well and check out the drags and nearby hill climbing action. You could go to Buttercup. Each of these locations is just off I-8. You would need to buy a dune pass.

7. Collapse Details
    I would check out buggy world. They have one motorcycle powered buggy with a jeffco in it and they also have the Redline buggy if you haven't seen that buggy in person yet. Most of the buggy shops will be closed around town tough. If you want a ride in a buggy maybe call king sand cars up and see if they are demoing any buggies at Glamis. I am sure there will be other manufactures out there also giving rides as well. Also if you go there find out what time Robby Gordon will be jumping the dune to dune jump that is always a site to see. He is there most Thanksgiving weekends with his race truck. The bad thing is every other person and there mother is out there so its packed. If you dont got kids with you I would head over to the drags they usually have some nice t&a going down it in the back of some pickup lifted so high it almost is a monster truck.

8. Collapse Details
    Alberta originally, midwest currently, SoCal in June
    Thanks for all the recomendations. It was a whirlwind trip and I barely had time to sleep so I didn't have a chance to check out any of the places...I guess it will have to wait until my next visit in the spring.

I hope everyone in socal had a great opening weekend at the dunes.