Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Welcome to Minibuggy.net
    Hello all...I'm a FNG and just introduced myself on the welcome mat...looking forward to chatting with you all!

2. Collapse Details
    Hello all figured i would introduce myself as well. been scanning the forums for awhile. Have my Badland Buggy plans for over a yr and and a nice 900cc Honda just waiting to be turned in a toy. But after looking over a few of the posts im no to sure. Thinking the Rorty's all looking like a lot more fun!
    Anyways, Im another Old guy ..27yrs as a Auto mechanic so i dont think it will be to challanging to build one, but one nevers knows till I get going on it.
    Hoping to talk to you all soon.

3. Collapse Details
    Welcome Diesel62! Does this mean we're going to see our first diesel-powered buggy here? Perhaps a nice little [url=http://world.honda.com/news/2006/c060925DieselEngine/:1jiohrye]Honda[/url:1jiohrye], Peugeot, [url=http://www.greencarcongress.com/2005/08/another_fueleff.html:1jiohrye]Suzuki[/url:1jiohrye], or [url=http://www.kubotaengine.com/:1jiohrye]Kubota[/url:1jiohrye] diesel lump?

4. Collapse Details
    lol no i wont be running a Diesel, I used to work on them all day long. But I still love the smell of Gas/nitrous better ! [smilie=icon_bolt.gif]

5. Collapse Details
    Hey Deisel welcome to the site.
    Glad you joined in on the madness.... *

oh I mean fun.

Alot of great people on here who build there own stuff
    so I am shure if you have a question someone on here
    can help you out.

Anyways when you get started please share your work we
    love to see others progress and then the fun they have
    when they take their buggies out.
    Awesome!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorty\";p=\"37910
    Welcome Diesel62! Does this mean we're going to see our first diesel-powered buggy here? Perhaps a nice little [url=http://world.honda.com/news/2006/c060925DieselEngine/:nqw0wgb8]Honda[/url:nqw0wgb8], Peugeot, [url=http://www.greencarcongress.com/2005/08/another_fueleff.html:nqw0wgb8]Suzuki[/url:nqw0wgb8], or [url=http://www.kubotaengine.com/:nqw0wgb8]Kubota[/url:nqw0wgb8] diesel lump?
    Duramax! Baby!!!!!yeah! Oops might be a little too much.Oh,well,go for it!

7. Collapse Details
    Hey everyone,

Well where to start. First I'm old. * Not going to say how old.

A friend and I have been building vehicles for the past 20 years give or take. Over the course of the last couple of decades we have designed and built several stock cars, an open class mud runner, several Jr. dragsters, a dual engine kage kart, and a couple of 60's era street cars. We went down the snowmobile path for a number of years and raced gokarts for a number of years. My friend has a couple of four wheelers. I never went that route. I think my friend will be chiming in here shortly to fill in all the things I forgot about. We really enjoy designing and building vehicles. While neither of us are certified welders both of us can Tig weld and we have a fairly decent shop to work out of. Our favorite material to work with is CrMo.

To make a long story short while we are old we still enjoy tearing it up we just want to be a little safer about tearing it up. I think the saying "With age come a cage" applies here.

We acquired the urge to build a mini buggy about 5-6 years ago. We are just now trying to decide if we should act on that urge. We don't have a winter project lined up and were considering a couple of mini buggies. We also live in Iowa. (Ultraman what part of Iowa are you from?) so strike 1 for us. Buggy like vehicles are classified as ORV's (Off road utility vehicles) as of July 1, 2007 and as such are illegal to run at the various ATV parks across our state. I spoke with the head of the DNR snowmobile and ATV program late last week and he indicated that they were anticipating openning some of the ATV parks to ORV's in the future although he had no time frame or guarantee it would happen. I'm contemplating taking the issue up with some of the state senators and and house members that my company contributes $$$ to their campaign funds. Not sure I want to go down that road yet or if it would do any good to take it down that road.

My wife is behind the project and has said she might want one as well so thats a good thing. She was always a little concerned for my safety when I was racing gokarts and riding snowmobiles as they didn't have a cage. She views the buggys as reasonably safe.

So anyway I'm here to learn as much as I can from everyone here and I hope I can contribute in some way.

Fire away with any questions and thanks in advance!

Kevin

8. Collapse Details
    Welcome Kstuck! Your area sounds as bad as Australia - it's illegal to drive buggies just about everywhere in Australia. To drive on public land, vehicles must be registered and guess what? You can't register a buggy! *[smilie=banghead.gif]
    Some dirt bikes can be registered, but they're only allowed on some forest roads, no closer than 10 miles from the closest habitation - or some mad rule like that.

Anyway, it seems strange building buggies with nowhere to drive them, but we're behind you all the way! *

9. Collapse Details
    A big welcome to you kstuck. Come on and build them! We need more iowa minibuggy guy's.I've been alone too long I'm in eastern iowa about 30mi west of the quad cities.There was a guy in newton that was building a baracuda mini, but have'nt seen him on here for awhile.Were you going to buy plans or build from scratch? I here you on the "no places to ride thing". I took a trip to st. joe last month just so i could stretch my legs.It would be great to get a group together to ride or race. So please build them

10. Collapse Details
    Great site, lots of info. *I look forward to reading more as I stumble my way through the design process of a very short wheel base mini buggy. *I live in Southern Utah and love to run through the dry creek beds, thus the bases of a short narrow buggy. *Plans are for a n 8' long by 5' wide (rear) 4' wide (front) buggy. *Goal is to also be able to load it into the bed of a full size truck as well. *I will post designs as I get closer to being finished for open discussion. *ACAD with 3D rendering is a beautiful thing.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast