Thread: Greetings all

1. Collapse Details
    Greetings all
    Introduction time, I'm from Maryland, the younge age of 18, been fabricating for about 5 years now, welding, lathe mill ect... done a few wheeler projects and gathering parts for my first buggy build. Also pretty good with cad, good enough to land a job over the summer designing. Looking forward to talking with fellow builders.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Greetings all
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Welcome to MiniBuggy
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

3. Collapse Details
    Welcome aboard, following plans or designing it yourself? I’m sure all the picture junkies are johnsin for a hit, post up some of your ideas.

4. Collapse Details
    Welcome! These buggies are a ton of fun to build and to drive. Good luck on your project. Start a build thread and bring us along with your adventure.

5. Collapse Details
    Wow not a bad skill set for 18. This guy's going places.
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

6. Collapse Details
    Here is what I'm currently working on designs for, the frame and motor with mounts is drawn up in solid works and I'm just working on suspension geometr. I have my tubing bender ready to go, just need to purchance the tubing. It's a gsxr1000 powered rig, uses a Volvo m45 transmission, the engine is mounted inline with the front of the buggy. So the output of the engine is facing the back of the seats, and I'll run a shaft to the transmission. The front and back differentials will be linked with a driveshaft, which will have a sprocket on it. So the output of the transmission will also have a sprocket. And then chain link, I'll start and thread and show me drawings and it may make more sense. This will be a 2 seater for offroading, riding the bikes on the powerlines is a killer, I'd like to join the rzr crowd but I like built over bought. (Photos are my inspiration)

7. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Welcome to the madness.

Sounds like you have a solid skill set - congrats on that. As stated, start up a build thread and share away.

Chains - make sure you get advise from the members running them. Done right they’re a good, reliable power transfer component. Done wrong they’re a constant headache. I’m sure you’ll get the info needed to make them work.

Design - figure out tire size first and work your way in. Most want to start with a chassis design and work out but it’ll work better designing your suspension first, figuring where it attaches to the chassis and then designing the chassis around those points.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post
    Welcome to the madness.

Sounds like you have a solid skill set - congrats on that. As stated, start up a build thread and share away.

Chains - make sure you get advise from the members running them. Done right they’re a good, reliable power transfer component. Done wrong they’re a constant headache. I’m sure you’ll get the info needed to make them work.

Design - figure out tire size first and work your way in. Most want to start with a chassis design and work out but it’ll work better designing your suspension first, figuring where it attaches to the chassis and then designing the chassis around those points.
    Thanks for the advice and kind words, I'll link the build thread. I'm probably going 32" tires somewhere between 28-32 for sure, I already have some suspension done up and I was able to get some good info on a setup like this(pic below).