1. Collapse Details
    F1000 ish kind of build.
    Hello, I've been designing and collecting a few parts for a "street car" powered with a CBR1000RR motor. I used to be a machinist/moldmaker and there is a local "hacker space" that has some machine tools. I ran across the "Motorcycle powered race cars" book on google and have been a bit obsessed with trying to design and build a "BEC" (Bike Engined Car). This looks like a great forum and I wish I'd found it sooner!

I've got a 2004 CBR1000RR motor/intake, some rear shocks, brake calipers and "some" wiring harness stuff. I've got a 28 spline Torsen diff I'd like to use along with some GM 8x16 rims 5 x 4.75". Now I don't know alot about cars but I've spent way too much time trying figure out some combination of CV and axles to mate the two. Anyway I'll leave that for another post.

With the weather turning cold here in WI, I'll likely be designing more now.

John

2. Collapse Details
    Re: F1000 ish kind of build.
    Hey John! Welcome!!

Well, it looks as if you made it to the right place! I really like your idea of a mike powered street car. Take some time and check out some builds on here to see how things are being connected in regards to the drive-line. I hear ya on the weather turning cold, as i'm across the pond in the mitten state.

930 axles seem to be the way to go for these little cars. I'm using a dodge intrepid splined front wheel bearing with a micro stub to bolt the CV joint to. My old car used an S-10 front wheel bearing and an EMPI mirostub to connect the CV joint to. That s-10 bearing would work very well with your wheel choice. I think the S-10 is 5x4.75.

Can't wait to see some designs. Lot's of good peeps here with YEARS of experience.

Justin
    Nowhere near the desert.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnski View Post
    Hello, I've been designing and collecting a few parts for a "street car" powered with a CBR1000RR motor. I used to be a machinist/moldmaker and there is a local "hacker space" that has some machine tools. I ran across the "Motorcycle powered race cars" book on google and have been a bit obsessed with trying to design and build a "BEC" (Bike Engined Car). This looks like a great forum and I wish I'd found it sooner!

I've got a 2004 CBR1000RR motor/intake, some rear shocks, brake calipers and "some" wiring harness stuff. I've got a 28 spline Torsen diff I'd like to use along with some GM 8x16 rims 5 x 4.75". Now I don't know alot about cars but I've spent way too much time trying figure out some combination of CV and axles to mate the two. Anyway I'll leave that for another post.

With the weather turning cold here in WI, I'll likely be designing more now.

John
    That sounds like a fun project! You will find lots of good info here. These buggy’s are a blast to drive.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks, I'll start asking questions in the appropriate forum.

5. Collapse Details
    Start a build thread.
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.