1. Collapse Details
    Hi from Dayton, Nevada.
    Talking
    Hey everyone! I m Travis, I m am the proud owner of a 85 Honda Odyssey Fl350 that my dad gave me because it had been sitting without use for so long. But since I bought a house and have a bunch of public land to use it as well. I m looking to get it back to riding again so I can take it all around. How ever, I have noticed that I rode it for a few days and it had power like I never felt before. Now I can hear what sounds to be back firing and low compression. What's my option looking like? I opened the head to the cylinder and saw the damn thing had a lot of carbon build up. Like the piston head was black. What are some ideas behind it? I can't get it back to its top speed. You can hear the engine really start to rev high, but slowly begins to go back down and won't hit those higher speeds so I can whip corners like I was. Thoughts?comments? All help is greatly appreciated! Love takin my son for a ride in this thing he has a blast.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Hi from Dayton, Nevada.
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    If I remember correct the odys have reed valves that's what I would check to for cracked or not seating properly in the cage
    & Welcome to MiniBuggy .The sight where most can read Picts better than words....
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

3. Collapse Details
    if the reeds need replacing what do you recommed as a brand? I m hoping to get this thing running soon being doing a ,little to it at a time so i can really start to understand how its put together instead of paying a shop to do the work.

4. Collapse Details
    you can put in stock or Boysen, you may or may not notice a difference in the 2, if it is your read you will notice a difference with either choice, make sure your choke is not stuck on or broken.
    If it was running really good just before the problems, it may be that you have an air leak, maybe in the main seal.

5. Collapse Details
    After sitting so long, are you sure all of the case seals are still good? I would hate to burn the motor up from being lean, the revving up then slowly losing rpm sure sounds lean to me.
    Could be something plugging the carb too.

The carbon is normal, you are using premix right?
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

6. Collapse Details
    Well I actually managed to get it all fixed myself now! But just yesterday my brother came in visited and want to ride the oddy after I just fixed it. He managed to had it into a corner with enough force he flipped the damn thing and the wheel came right off the rim. I managed to get it to a flat surface after we flipped it and put the tire back around the rim and reinflated. After we got our buddy to ride it back to my House nice and slow I noticed the back wheel was wobbling a bit. Come to find out there's a bunch of dirt and sand inside. So I took the tire to my shop, took it off got all the dirt and sand out, reinstalled tire to the rim and put the tire back on it. Now I can still see a slight wobble on the back tire.

What can cause this and how do I fix it? I mean he hit that corner straight gasing it without even thinking. Really need help on this one. I didn't see any frame damage, some scratches here and there but noting too serious but I can see it wobbling slightly even when I m rolling it in my garage I can still see it
    Help!

7. Collapse Details
    The rim might be bent. I was going around a corner on my rancher once and it decided to suddenly understeer, pushed me off the trail into tall grass and hit a log and rolled it. When we got it on all four wheels again, the front tire was wobbling enough to shake my arms going down the road. Rim was obviously bent, the paint had even chipped. If you could pick it off the ground and spin the tire to see, or take the wheel off and spin the axle to see if it's bent maybe