1. Collapse Details
    az ol' time duner
    Hello all and thanks for the welcome, Like I said Iam an ol' time duner born and raised in phoenix with about 14 yrs livin in Yuma. started playing in 78 in buttercup with an old corvair rail, was one of the first 3 wheeler riders on the balloon tire 90cc up thru the 250s .been a union ironworker for 37 yrs, mostly welding and detail work got my own shop in the back yard back in phoenix now.and been building buggys big and small for a hobby since 81 still doing the dunes bout 5 times a yr. Next project is for the grandson hes got a snowmobile engine he wants in a buggy, its an artic cat thunder cat 1000. don't knot diddle squat about snowmobiles, dirt bikes and buggies yea , got an old tranny from an odessy350 is it useable? or do I go the belt to chain routine? well that's down the road gotta build the chassis first he wants a hill runner to beat his dad [LS3 turboed 4 seater] got access to bike motors but this 3 cylinder 2 stroke might be ok.
    remember the old Kawasaki 750 3 cylinder rockets? anyways ill keep you up on the chassis build when its time for the motor and clutch or drive which ever is used Ill be askin questions thanks and keep the shiney side up

2. Collapse Details
    Re: az ol' time duner
    That 1000cc 2 smoke will be a rocket. I doubt the oddy tranny will hold up though, you will need to step up to a RPM box from Dan Roberto.

Are you talking about the H2? You mean the widowmaker?

Welcome btw!
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

3. Collapse Details
    there ya go, the widowmaker, that's the one wasn't worth a dam except going fast with a little work. I didn't think the oddy box would work well Ill do some research on the RPM box. hopefully it will be a fairly quick build , got most everything , Now that's bs right, just thinkin all the joints and plumbing and assorted stuff maybe 4 grand if iam lucky!! Just got the first retirement check and a new bottle of argon boy has a lot of work to do to pay back grandpa [as the list grows].
    thanks for the welcome

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dunefaber1 View Post
    there ya go, the widowmaker, that's the one wasn't worth a dam except going fast with a little work. I didn't think the oddy box would work well Ill do some research on the RPM box. hopefully it will be a fairly quick build , got most everything , Now that's bs right, just thinkin all the joints and plumbing and assorted stuff maybe 4 grand if iam lucky!! Just got the first retirement check and a new bottle of argon boy has a lot of work to do to pay back grandpa [as the list grows].
    thanks for the welcome
    They sure do bring the money nowadays, if you can find them...

I have a co-worker who always talks about that bike, he used to work for a dealership in Seattle, they had one sitting on the floor for months, so he would ride it during lunch. Ended up losing control and dumping it down Aurora Ave, trashing the bike. I guess we all learn to respect the power at some point.

These builds become money pits quicker than you can blink. There is always the thought of buying a little better part, then the snowball (I heard you guys have snow on one mountain in AZ) grows out of control!
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

5. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Hay I had one of those kawi H2 's mine was the green one . It was a rocket when ya was in the power band lol but what a pos as far as handling at least if ya wanted to turn over 115 mph and it didn't like to go 55
    Last edited by Rat4020; 08-11-2016 at 12:24 PM.
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?