1. Collapse Details
    planning buggy build
    How is it going everyone. Im Jason, I just found this forum about a week ago. Pretty awesome stuff yall got on here. I am the owner of a fabrication shop. We build anything from steel targets to tube chassis to oilfield skids and pipe. Im not making an add im just wanting yall to know where i come from and my skill set. Anyways... I have build a couple of full tube chassis before. I was one of the builders that built the ATR Backflip RZR and the Ramp and also built a key buggy that was for the military, It had IR, night vision hook ups, bullet proof body panels and all. But that was more of a work horse than a fast, crazy suspension, stupid power to weight ratio buggy, that i want to build. What im looking to build is a Long travel, 2 seat (possibly single seat), bike engine buggy. I am wanting to do big jumps, maybe more back flips and barrel roll stunts. Just a fast fun buggy that can take a beating. So i got all the Chassis design and what material to use stuff figured out. Im just wondering about what parts to use. I Dont Need reverse, I want strong hubs, a good gear box. Looking to use a 1000cc engine, 14in suspension, strong reliable axles, and a good steering box with a quick steer ratio. So al that being said what would yall recommend for those parts and on a Somewhat cheap budget. I have No problem building some of the parts myself i just dont have anything here i can reverse engineer, So are there any plans on building your own hubs?
    Last edited by jslayton52; 01-28-2016 at 09:42 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: planning buggy build
    "stupid power to weight ratio buggy"

A man after my own heart. Welcome

3. Collapse Details
    Sounds like a plan!! There are plenty of guys on here who can help with the parts!!!

4. Collapse Details
    American Fork, UT 90 minutes from the sand
    If you're thinking a "somewhat cheap budget", then for the front hubs, you could look at a set of trailer spindles and hubs. A few guys have used them. You can also get a turnkey off-road setup with hub, spindles, rotors, calipers etc that would be tough and strong, but that package fails the "cheap" test.

If you use the trailer hubs, then you need to make a spacer for mounting a rotor. If you own a fabrication shop then that falls under the "finished that before lunch" category.

If you do a search and poke around, you'll see how others have used trailer hubs.

5. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Welcome to MiniBuggy . As for a good buggy cheap LOL.. Dont ask me man bout every thing I did with mine costs more than the gas put into it . But it keeps me outta the bars .. Where ya from ?
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

6. Collapse Details
    thank everyone for the info.
    darwinpayne2000 yeah i will have to look into that. thanks

Rat4020 Im located in the Houston Tx area. so unfortunately no close sand dunes or good offroad parks. This build will be played around on the farm where i got a FMX jump and landing that i built. So stupid stunts are in the future.

7. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the forum. 'Stupid stunts are in the future'. Haha... Heck yeah.

8. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the best site for all things minibuggy related. I think you could look around on here and learn how to make any and all parts of buggy,or find you some plans for a buggy that's already developed and improved, then modify to your likes or just follow the plans.Some plans are better than others so look at all you can.

9. Collapse Details
    If you're looking for cheap, my little buggy is a great way to go if you have the resources haha it is nowhere near the quality of some of the amazing builds on here, but it'll put a big grin on yer face all the same in total we spent about $200 on actually buying parts, the rest was just from things we had lying around. Not sure how to put a link to it, but you can click on my name and check out my build thread if you'd like. Have fun with whatever you decide to do