1. Collapse Details
    new member and requesting assistance!
    Exclamation
    Hello everyone glad to be a part of this site. I have already read many different discussions on this site but I still have questions that I need help with. To start; I have been working on this buggy project for about 6 years now. My dad built my frame (design, cut and weld) in about 3 days and once that was completed it sat and never moved. Until recently. I now am permanently stationed stateside and have time to work on this project I started my junior year in high school. I acquired a 2005 gsxr 600 motor about 2 years ago to compliment my frame and it too sat after purchase. I have now got everything "wired up", oil full, gas ready but cannot for the life of me figure out why it won't run. The part I am having trouble with in particular is push button, clutch bypass, and Ignition switch. I have literally used every single wiring bypass diagram I could find and none allow my fuel pump to prime or get rid of the c42 and c13 dealer trouble codes. I can turn it over and it will crank forever but no start. I assume its the anti theft going off thinking that I am hot wiring it. I have used 100ohm resistors with different variations of wiring still no luck. I know I can send off my harness to get trimmed but I don't see the point in that if I can do it myself for a fraction on the cost. Plus the fact that if something else goes wrong I wanna know how to fix it. (Especially if I'm stuck at the face of a large dune on a non busy weekday at glamis). Any help with this would seriously be incredible. It's been six years people. How would you feel if you got this close. Lol

2. Collapse Details
    Re: new member and requesting assistance!
    I have an 04 GSXR600 powered car so I hope the wiring is similar. I bypassed the T.O.S. = tip over sensor. I measured the resistance between the middle wire and each of the outer wires and just put resistors in that were pretty close and that solved one issue for me.

It has been a number of years since I installed this motor and I can remember mixing up one of the plugs... I think it was the Intake air sensor and the secondary throttle plug... when you turn the key to the "on" position do you hear the secondary throttle plates cycle?

What is your fuel pressure? You can squirt a little fuel into each bore and crank and see if she fires off. I will have to look and see exactly where the 100 ohm resistor goes and get back to you

3. Collapse Details
    Welcome to minibuggy, and thanks for your service.

These guys will fix you right up, that's a popular engine.

I remember reading Glamismans mixed plug issue, so that might be a good start. The only thing I can add is maybe try a known good ECM ?
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

4. Collapse Details
    If the fuel pump will not cycle on when the key is turned on, the anti theft circuit is the first place I would look. I would double check the ignition switch wiring and ring it out with a meter. Check for power and grounds on each circuit based on the OEM schematic.

5. Collapse Details
    Thank you all for you assistance! I already ordered an oem schematic a few days ago so that should arrive soon. I do hear the secondary throttles going off but I will re check that. If that's the case that's a way easier fix than anticipated for the c13. But I do think that the anti theft circut is going off so I will await your response. I already bypassed the tip over sensor with some 150ohm resistors and I know it works because if I take them out I get a c23 code or something but nothing once they are in. I did try squirting some carb cleaner into the airbox to see if that would help but no luck. I probably need to take off the airbox and squirt directly into each cylinder and see what happens. Thank for all the help again guys it means alot.

6. Collapse Details
    So I tried starting it by spraying carb cleaner into the throttle bodies and it literally just misted right back out of the exhaughst. There is no way that it's igniting. I switched the plugs for secondary throttle and still no luck. I really need to get a usable bypass diagram in order for this to fire up. Thanks again

7. Collapse Details
    Still have yet to figure it out. Prolly gunna give up and pay someone to do it for me.

8. Collapse Details
    The 3 basics for an engine to run are Gas, Air and Spark.

Let's start with 1, Do you smell gas out the tailpipe when your turn the engine over?

as well check your spark plugs to see if your getting spark

9. Collapse Details
    Where did you use the 100ohm resistor? I know on the 05 gsxr 750 it must be inline with one of the ignition wires going to the ecu. It's been a while since I had to do that fix on mine so I don't remember which wire. But I had the same issue. It cuts the fuel pump and spark so that's why even with soaring directly into the throttle body it won't start. Hope this helps.

10. Collapse Details
    Last edited by mjl30; 04-20-2015 at 10:41 PM. Reason: revision.