1. Collapse Details
    Aussie wants a phazer engine
    Gday to all,
    I'm new to the site. Have been researching engine choices very heavily, and was recommended that i join this site and start a thread. I am looking for a couple of yamaha phazer (genesis 80FI) engines to ship down here to aus. Don't need to be mint, just chasing prices and easiest way to go about shipping them. I was told there are a couple of other aussie members who have taken on similar shipping endeavours with great success.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Aussie wants a phazer engine
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Welcome to the site.

Hit up Opsled for the engines and check w/Bazz & Ozpilot on the getting things there side.

3. Collapse Details
    I can take a look for ya too if ya give me a price range The snowmobile auction is 1 hr away plus many insurance auctions.

4. Collapse Details
    Gday k-fab, you are a man in many places. I have sent a message to Opsled, now play the waiting game. I am going to message Bazz and Ozpilot now.

AtvNut – Thanks mate I have no idea how expensive they are to start with, but the cheaper the better. This is for a university race team (Formula SAE), and we are mostly self funded, sos eeing as we don't get to keep the car ourselves in the end, we prefer to be bloody cheap. And we are used to getting wrecked engines (been using 450cc single for 7 years). Hence, I have managed to become quite an engine re-conditioner. I wouldn’t be wanting to spend much, as I still have to get it here and trick it out. Any rough estimate on prices of engine / powertrain / whole sled? That factors heavily into my choice of engine.

5. Collapse Details
    Does anyone know where i can find accurate cam data, a couple of traces would be amazing, but unlikely. I currently have Yammy's 450 single pot, so i also understand the middle valve having different timing. I'm just curious as to what the profile and lobe centres would be on an engine with cvt.
    At the end of the day, when all is said and done, more is said than done.

6. Collapse Details
    I am afraid to inform you that these will not come cheap at all unfortunately they are in High demand so the price reflects that

7. Collapse Details
    So i am findin out. i've spent a couple of nights staying up to ring dealers and wreckers in the states. not much luck. bloody shame. Still keen though.
    At the end of the day, when all is said and done, more is said than done.

8. Collapse Details
    try googling the sled breakers in Quebec and Ontario, or anywhere in Canada,

we've got heaps of snow up here, its "only" -7 C today, -37C three weeks ago.