1. Collapse Details
    hi from bc canada
    what to say........looking forward to talk to all of you. haven't done much in the way of building a real capable buggy's.... it was more of spear datsun parts laying around that we tacked together for a bit of fun... looking back its lucky we dident die in that thing
    I raced enduro when i was in my teens on a DR250, with several concussions and 2 bikes written off ended my ride with suzuki.....
    did a lot of custom car work with my friends, you know how it is little bit hear and there. that dragged us into street racing. that was getting out of hand so i decided to get away from that and i built a rally car. got rid of it when i moved to canada form aussy, the latest project i did is an R32 skyline that i built for drifting. a lot of fun but just i keep braking it so now i am resurching to build something that will be harder 4 me to brake.

so hear i am

PS. does any one know of a 4x4 buggy that has a bike eng. and inderpendent suspention
    All was in the sh*#, its only the depth that varies

2. Collapse Details
    Re: hi from bc canada
    I've thought of a MC powered 4x4 buggy. Run the engine sideways (or a shaft drive) through a honda transaxle mounted longitudinally in the frame, then run the axles to the rear diff of a subaru or something in the front or rear. Or I guess you could take a Samurai drivetrain and hook up a MC engine. The trick would be to eliminate the axles and get CV cups that fit the diff. I'm not sure that any of this would actually work but...

3. Collapse Details
    Greetings from Nova Scotia Welcome to this site lots of great ideas builds here. I be come a member here in July or Aug last year and I can remember that some one was making a 4 by 4 I beleive he was using a Polaris 700 or 800 cc 4 wheeler engine and drive componants can't remember his name . Check the projects in progress
    Later Sodman

4. Collapse Details
    Roseburg, Oregon-only an hour away from the Oregon Dunes NRA.
    Welcome to the site. Check out some of the Rhino based websites, I have seen a couple MC engine swaps where they kept the 4x4. You could possibly use some of those ideas in you buggy plans.
    Currently mini-buggyless
    LS1 Ranger prerunner
    2007 Yamaha Rhino
    www.solomotorsports.com

5. Collapse Details
    i think at that point weight would be an issue, then you got balance problems... based on research that i have done, one of the biggest problems was light steering under heavy acceleration and chunky components. i was looking at the joyner t2 for the diffs but coming from a 80hp power plant makes me wonder if they can handle a busa or something similar....
    All was in the sh*#, its only the depth that varies