Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Team Chaos Racing #13 Build & Upgrades
    Thumbs up
    Starting this thread to show some of the build and & upgrades we do along the way of our racing journey.

We bought our Wildcat from MLS PowerSports and started racing it the following weekend. We have a lot of sponsors that help us out along this journey and we are very appreciative of their support! The latest of who is MLS PowerSports. A HUGE thank you to Mark and the team! A full list of our sponsors are in my sig block but a lot of them are more Jeep/Full Size 4x4 sponsors so we are still looking for more SxS/UTV specific sponsors.

#13 is also known as KitKat. For some reason it just sounded good. Not that I actually eat the candy bars or anything. LOL! So without further a do here she is.

The day we picked it up from MLS PowerSports:

The day after we picking it up from MLS PowerSports:

Improvements after our 1st place win at the first Dirt Riot race:

128 DB Warble Siren to warn slower racers.

Factory UTV UHMW A-Arm & Tie Rod skids. Thank you Factory UTV for the quality product!

Multiview mirror:

Number Plates:

Front Number:

Adjustable TBar aka "OCrap" handle for the codriver. Attached to the tube under the glove box with only a 1 1/8" hole drilled. Clamp is accessible from the panel below the glove box.

Some Beard Ultra T1 Racing Seats. Fit real nice and lower the seating position just a tad for better COG. Factory mounts were used and a release handle accessible from the side allows for removal of the seat for cleanup after muddy races!

STI HD Beadlock wheels showed up the other day:

Custom made 7075 T6 1.25" Aluminum Radius Rods should be here soon. Thank you Andy from IRONMAN FABRICATION & 4X4 for producing these custom Radius Rods! Andy can custom make anything for just about any offroad vehicle! A great guy that builds quality heavy duty American Made components. Give him a buzz for anything you can't produce yourself for your projects!

More to Come soon........
    Team Chaos Racing
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeamChaosRacing

Big Thanks to: MLS Powersports, Evolution Powersports, Factory UTV, ProComp, Smittybilt, Cipher Auto, Dave's Offroad Supply, Filthy Motorsports, 4WheelParts, Ogio, Slick Products, PitPosse & Ironman.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Team Chaos Racing #13 Build & Upgrades
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Just like X-Mas in May
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

3. Collapse Details
    Nice Green and #13, you're reallllllllly pushing it you know!

MIRRORS, YOU DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' MIRRORS!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat4020 View Post
    Just like X-Mas in May
    True dat! It's always like X-Mas around here and why for X-Mas we usually do a trip for everlasting memories than just more "stuff". Now if I could only find someone to make it fill like X-Mas with my Tut Tech Chassis and goodies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xbird
    Nice Green and #13, you're reallllllllly pushing it you know!

MIRRORS, YOU DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' MIRRORS!
    Thanks Xbird! #13 is my lucky number! Our other race right is #1313. I was born on September 13th and in fact on a Friday too!

You maybe right, well at least on the side mirrors. The multiview mirrors are different to use and will take a bit getting use to. With the lower seat height now, higher angled position of the mirror because on cage mounting limitations in combination with wearing helmets I'm not 100% sure I'm comfortable removing the side mirrors yet.

To your point or is that joke?.....if you're not the fastest one on the track good mirrors are a life saver for keeping your eyes on who is crawling up on your behind! Last race we were the fastest ones on the track with consistent 14m laps. In fact the next SxS/UTV was 1:10 slower and racing in the Pro Class the BTF KOH $200K+ buggy had lap times 1:46 slower!

We can't let that go to our heads though! The next race is at Gray Rock near Birmingham AL and Brave Motorsports will be there in their KOH built Arctic Kat Wildcat which started off as an X and is one fantastic built machine! So we'll be out gunned a bit! Nice thing is my team will be extending our good sportsmanship practices, like we do for other race teams, by being their pit crew too since they usually run the MidWest Dirt Riot series and won't be bringing there full crew with them. In fact there maybe a possiblity their co-driver won't be able to make it so I've offered up my son who usually co-drives with me to help out there too. At least I'm hoping he gets the opportunity to do that! Would be a fantastic experience for him!

But I ramble! If your bored and want to see more of Brave Motorsports setup check it out at UTV Underground here: Brave Motorsports Wildcat UTVUNDERGROUND It's worth the look!

Team Chaos Racing

Big Thanks to: MLS Powersports, Evolution Powersports, Factory UTV, ProComp, Smittybilt, Cipher Auto, Dave's Offroad Supply, Filthy Motorsports, 4WheelParts, Ogio, Slick Products, PitPosse & Ironman.

5. Collapse Details
    that was a joking props to your first place. where i race with faster bikes and atvs all on course at the same time for multiple laps a good mirror is a lifesaver -- for you or them. thankfully i've got that instinctive, "damn i'm slow better pull right" ability to hear/sense those coming up behind me. I still don't have a mirror setup that i'm happy with. thinking about hanging a truck side mirror off it!

6. Collapse Details
    Yeah that Brave car is SWEET!

I like the UTV underground, some really cool stuff on there.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

7. Collapse Details
    Got ya Xbird! I figured you were being factious! Yes they do Bullnerd!

I got the radius rods in today and they look pimp. Looks like some weekend work and testing to do!

Also have one of these on the way for it with our own TCR frequency programmed in. Thanks Randy, Jennifer and the whole Rugged Radios team for the great deal and customer care provided!

Team Chaos Racing

8. Collapse Details
    A few updates. Doing some prep work for the Sturgis Kentucky race on June 7th. I added some tubes to the cage. If time permits I'll add a few to the back too but that might happen after the race because of other things with higher priority. This work will at least help with side rolls.....

Dash bar under factory "ROPS" couplers. Continues the line up from the tubes in the door area.

VBars go from dash bar to roof bars. I reversed the V that most do because it would've hit the roof line in the middle of the two factory bars that go to the rear. I like to continue tube junctures as much as possible. VBars have couplers encase I redo the factory "ROPS" cage later.

Welded and Painted up. I didn't have a good weld day today though. A bit beat down from pushing to hard I reckon!

Finished up putting it all back together. As you can see the dash bar is hid by the small windshield.

Side view:

Close up of the STI beadlocks installed.

Will get pics of the installed Radius rods soon.
    Team Chaos Racing

9. Collapse Details
    looks like it is coming along nicely.

question: when is the race at Grey Rock? or did it already pass?

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks Wheels! As you know, everything is a work in progress. Time, money and other resources permitting
    Team Chaos Racing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast