Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Team Chaos Racing #13 Build & Upgrades
    A challenge for Arctic Cat producing a Wildcat with that much HP is redesigning the rest of the drive train to handle it.....yet along beefing up other areas to handle the abuse associated with more speed n such....

As for the series we race in we're limited to UTV based and 1000cc for sportsman and for pro the addition of forced induction...... There aren't any "unlimited" classes.....
    Team Chaos Racing
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeamChaosRacing

Big Thanks to: MLS Powersports, Evolution Powersports, Factory UTV, ProComp, Smittybilt, Cipher Auto, Dave's Offroad Supply, Filthy Motorsports, 4WheelParts, Ogio, Slick Products, PitPosse & Ironman.

2. Collapse Details
    Its always a balance, more power means modifications to the drive train, suspension, etc. I read through the build on the modified arctic cat, interesting to see they used a polaris transmission to support the engine.

3. Collapse Details
    I was actually thinking of a Yamaha drivetrain in one of those while driving to Chicago tonight. They did it with the new Yamaha Viper. Its a Cat chassis, with the awesome Yamaha 1000. Seems like a match made in heaven! I have been watching so many comparisons with the Maverick, the RZR 1000, and the Wildcat. In the drags, its so close, the hill climbs in the dunes they are close. I like how the chassis is longer and lower. Plus all that suspension! What are some of the weak points of these Cats?

Justin
    Nowhere near the desert.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Deranged View Post
    I like how the chassis is longer and lower. Plus all that suspension! What are some of the weak points of these Cats?

Justin
    The low center of gravity is a huge plus when racing as is the suspension especially when jumping and bumpy terrain. Here are some of the weak points we've found while racing one hard. Some of these are also inherit issues in the razors or any other model to when pushing them to the limits. Aftermarket support is great and fixes for most of what I'll mention are available.
    - OEM A-arms are weak and need beefed up or replaced with stronger ones like Evolution Powersports chromoly ones.
    - OEM radius rods are .75" thin walled material. The lower ones will be the first to go. High clearance and stronger ones are available via aftermarket sources. We have a custom built T7075 full set with 3/4" chromo heim joints.
    - Tie rods are weak. Evolution Powersports & Pace Offroad have great replacements.
    - In 2014 the steering setup was changed to billet aluminum components.
    - Factory skid plates are inadequate. Lower means closer to the rocks of rock crawling. 3/8" & 1/2" UHMW are available via Factory UTV and a few others companies.
    - If going with larger tires axle shafts will need to be beefed up.
    - 2013 and prior non Xs used a wet clutch. Team Rapid Response clutch added in Xs.
    - CVT housing cooling needs improvement for longevity of CVT belt. Aftermarket cooling kits are available or easy to make.
    - Radiator tucked up under all the plastic panels makes it hard to thoroughly clean after muddy trail riding. A lot of heat is also held within the plastic panels. Aftermarket vents are available.
    - I'm not a fan of the cable drive steering from steering wheel to EPS unit. Pace Offroad makes a cable delete kit.
    - OEM cages have a lot to be desired.
    - Harness bar must be added to run 4-5 point harnesses. Dragonfire, UTV Inc and a few other aftermarket have them.

Again most of the "weak links" can be addressed easily and some are also issues with razors. Hopefully that helps a bit. There could be more that we haven't encountered yet. Depending on your riding style and such you may never see some of the things we have either. Endurance racing pushes things to the limits pretty good. Let me know if you have any specific questions. MLS Powersports one of our sponsors is also one of the premier dealers on the east coast if you decide you want more information or pricing on them just call Mark @ 502-863-0920 and tell him Team Chaos Racing sent you and he'd be more than happy to talk with you.
    Team Chaos Racing
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeamChaosRacing

Big Thanks to: MLS Powersports, Evolution Powersports, Factory UTV, ProComp, Smittybilt, Cipher Auto, Dave's Offroad Supply, Filthy Motorsports, 4WheelParts, Ogio, Slick Products, PitPosse & Ironman.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3