1. Collapse Details
    Opinions on gsxr in redline riot
    Hey everyone been checking out the forum for a while and finally have something worth posting. I recently picked up a redline riot and have been having a lot of fun with it. But I am looking for some more power out of it. I've been thinking about swapping in a Yamaha nytro engine ( 140hp belt driven) but after seeing all the awesome buggies on this site I am thinking about swapping it out to a gsxr 1000 chain driven rear end. This would be my first project like this but I'm friends with a large shop so I know we could get it some quickly.

So my first question is there any easy way to swap to a chain rear end and keep the 17 inches of travel? I know protodie makes a great kit but the max travel available is 15 inches, it's not much but id prefer to not lose any travel. I found this also Transworks Mini-Diff and was curious if it could work or hold up to 17 inches of travel. Like I said this would be my first project and I have very little knowledge about this stuff.

My next question is apart from the rear diff ad engine itself, any ideas what other parts I would be looking at to make this actually happen? Or if it might just be smarter to keep it belt driven, but I'd love it to be a shifter redline. Thanks in advance for any advice guys

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Opinions on gsxr in redline riot
    Welcome Medicine Man.

These may be an option, don't know the differance between a Revolt and Riot but if they have similar running gear, it may be worth a look.

https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/show-...-xl-turbo.html
    https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/redli...revolt-xl.html
    Thanks Ironknot

3. Collapse Details
    Not 100% sure myself but the revolts can be turboed pretty easy ith a kit they sell for a good HP boost. Your machine may take this same turbo kit. Takes the Revolts from some 85 horse to 150 they claim.

The stock tranny may not like a shifter engine hitting it with each gear if you go bike motor. The CVT clutches are a lot easier on a tranny than a manual shifter bike motor.

Protodies setup may still get the travel you need. The WIDTH of the center is whats important to maintain the 17 inches of travel if the outside CV's stay in thier stock locations.

As for the transworks its GREAT! For a doorstop that is. If you search this site they have cost the first guys to try them a lot of loot and a lot of headaches. Good concept poorly executed.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the buggy!
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

4. Collapse Details
    Do not forget that if you go to a spool with chain drive you almost always loose ground clearance due to they often need a large sprocket and it hangs down below the frame OR the inner CV's need to be mounted higher if the sprocket is high and this cost you travel!

Hard to beat a gearbox for clearance and clearance is often what limits travel.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

5. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Welcome to MiniBugggy' I like your Idea of the Nytro transplant It seems like the best choice . Unless ya just do a turbo on the stock motor "Sandracer" on this sight turboed his Redline revolt amd it hauls ass . But the yami would be fun
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all the advice guys. The riot uses all the same drivetrain and everything pretty much as the revolt with just 2 seats. Ya I have seen the turbo kit which I'm keeping as another option. But by the end of installing the turbo kit, I would be at 140 hp for 5-6k and have my weber engine be maxed out. I've heard the turbo is reliable and moves very well, but the option to bump it up over 140hp down the road seems pretty appealing. Shifting would be the best of course, but if I have to lose travel to get it I think I'll stay belt driven. Think I gotta go try and figure out how far down the sprocket would hang or if I could possibly keep 17 inches of travel. If not its either turbo or nytro with upgraded tranny

7. Collapse Details
    Protodie Master and Vendor ProtoDie's Avatar
    Going with what Nutz said,,,

what is the width between your stock CV flanges ?

RPM gear boxes are 8.5" wide

if stock is similar then you may be able to get closer to desired travel and avoid a large sprocket and no reverse

our standard live axle kits are 8.5" wide to maintain the same width as RPM to our cradles are interchangeable

I have built narrower live axle kits for customers and can get a live axle kit down to 7" wide. I can go narrower yet but then switch to single bearings per side vs our normal double bearing set up

8. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Welcome to the site!

The Nitro engine's supposed to be a little beast of a power plant. Low revving compared to the Apex and Phazer, loads of torque. I've never seen or experienced one, but have heard it might be the ideal engine for our apps.

Since you're already a CVT setup, stick with a sled power plant - much more bolt in and go play. If you start going to bike engines, you'll have to change out the trans (to the recommended RPM) or just go to a spool (loosing reverse) and giving yourself a lot more work.

9. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    I like the idea of a Nytro There somthing like 140 HP stock . Check out AKPilot's tread he put one in a pilot . He did a nice job of it . And his vid's of it pullin a wheelie from a stop are bad assed
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?