Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: What do you guys think of the Wildcat?
    I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it,but the wheelbase looks really long for tight woods,would high center to easy.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

2. Collapse Details
    I sold my tompro to buy one of these. So far I am glad I did. But dune season is over here. I'll probly feel a bit different then. Still for the riding I do out here around the Tucson desert it is badass. Suspension is gtg right out of the box. Powerplant needs much improvement, but has potential. Can't wait for the warranty to wear out. Then I'll get intake, cams, exhaust, and fuel controller and tube the clutching and be dune ready!

3. Collapse Details
    I was thinking about one of these but read about too many issues with the drivetrain. Everything from the motor not having enough power to the clutches not working well. The suspension is real nice though. I think this will be a player after they get the kinks worked out.

4. Collapse Details
    Yah we saw a few Wildcats in the Silver Lake sand dunes this last weekend and the power or lack of it was the biggest complaint.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

5. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Turbo ?Super Charger? NOS ? Apex? It seems their handling fairly well for a Out of the box SXS ..So if ya got the cash to buy one at least spend another 5G's and turbo it. I would think another 30 Hp would make a world of difference
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

6. Collapse Details
    One of the guys driving one is big into SXS and was talking that Artic cat is gonna put a 1000 or an 1100 into them with turbo from the factory.

But he may have been wrong.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

7. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Ya my bud has a 01 prowler which has the same power plant . He has been in contact with Speedworks and they are suppose to be comming out with a turbo kit for the wild cat . I guess Bonedocker has one +30hp $4800.00
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

8. Collapse Details
    Average joe SXS buyer can't tell the difference in power really. Their meter is based on what they feel. They feel an orange when they are familiar with apples.

I think it has plenty of power... As a SXS.
    I think it is low on power as a buggy.
    If cat can bridge the gap from their world to this, they could bring the rest of the bigger names with them.

As for clutch stuff, I saw a few test rigs the other day. They were testing different clutch set ups. The side cover was all cut up and welded to all a LOT of room inside and a temp guage probe was wired into the side of it. I'd say they are working on future advancement!

Apples and Oranges?

If a guy is used to "The Ragged Edge" on a side by side it is due to the feel of how it handles. If 75 hp is above the abity of the vehicle in question, it FEELS that way.

If you put that guy into a similar vehicle that can handle much more, but has the same power, does he feel like he is pushing limits? Nope....

http://www.fquick.com/wildcatkit52

"...it took me 3 days and calling a Engineer friend to figure out that I was an idiot."
    jeeplogic83

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatkit52 View Post
    Average joe SXS buyer can't tell the difference in power really. Their meter is based on what they feel. They feel an orange when they are familiar with apples.
    I would disagree with that or say the ones you know aint getting it right.

Every single guy at Silver Lake who has went turbo will not shut up about being able to walk away from his buddies without them. The buddies usually follow suit just to keep up.

You can see it easy too as they walk away with turbos climbing the bigger hills or at one of the "dragstrips".

The guy I was talking to is no an average joe either. He buys and rents all sorts of sxs to people who come to the dunes and rent a sand ride.

Hes got pretty good time under him on them.

10. Collapse Details
    I had a look at one the other day at a dealership and I was impressed with the overall look of the unit. It has a fair bit more room for us bigger guys than the RZR, at least the standard rzr. The xp has a bit more room. It will take a few years for them to work all the kinks out of it but I do agree that it will be a contender. It is compaired mostly to the rzr but keep in mind that the rzr has been around for a few years so polaris has had some time to work some of the kinks out of it. It was the only sport sxs up until the wildcat so it will take some time to convert some of the hardcore rzr fans. Not to mention the boat load of aftermarket stuff availible for the rzr. It's mind boggling. I haven't driven one yet but like wildcatkit52 has mentioned, as a sxs I am sure it is very compareable to the other preformance sxs's. If being compaired to a mini buggy with a busa engine I dont think it would compare but as far as sxs, it ranks right up there with the rzr, just hasn't been proven yet. The rhino isn't even in the running. I am suprized that yamaha hasn't did something in the sport sxs market. The rhino is actualy quite pathetic in my opinion. I have just reciently spent some time behind the wheel of an rzr xp and it definatly has more power and a better ride than my 08, but I was disapointed because with all the hype about it I thought it was going to have more power. I may be a bit spoiled though just coming from winter and driving my yamaha 4 stroke sleds. Don't know why they can't make a sxs with the power of a sled, even my old indy 400 has more pull than my 800 rzr. I do think that the wildcat will be a sxs in the running with the rzr, it will just take some time to win over the consumers. My brother has had different arctic cat prowlers and quads for some time now and absolutly loves them and has had no major issues with them. If ever I was going to buy a new sxs I would definatly be looking at the wildcat but at $18,000 to $20,000 that won't happen unless I win the lottery.
    Last edited by Stomper; 05-10-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast