Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tut minilite car
    Could anybody steer me in the right direction. Been searching for a build thread of a tut frame with a busa engine. Tut told me there was one. Having some fitting issues and wondering if I could get some info from it. Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Tut minilite car
    Hit the home, go down till you see Tut Tech group

3. Collapse Details
    There's nothing there. Tuts build is the only build thread there. I've been looking went through the projects in progress clicking almost everyone till I got to tuts first build. Figured there wouldn't be one before that. Since its the first one. I ask tut he said there was a build with a busa. Just hoping somebody knows where or who it is.

4. Collapse Details
    Hey slikrider, you may pm projectx. He has a tut frame with a busa in it

5. Collapse Details
    Awesome thanks

6. Collapse Details
    What fitment issues are you having? Pic would help.

7. Collapse Details
    Ok so I checked the rpm for placement. I did a rough angle check for the axles and I'm at about 23 degrees. At full droop the rpm cv's will be a 1/4" in front of the hub. Is that correct placement on trailing arms. I had someone say that it should be to the rear of hubs. If the rpm can go behind hub center line at droop then I will have the room. But as of now motor won't fit. So I'm thinking of removing the cross bar the head is hitting. So I'm wondering if I'm missing somthing simple here.

8. Collapse Details
    Can you mount the engine lower? Route the exhaust to the side and the oil pan between the frame rails.

And as far as the build with a busa, I believe the one you have is the one.

Also, would you mind sharing some measurements. Your frame looks different from mine. Like the "torsion tube" that the trailing arms mount off of. Yours look like they mount wider. Also the frame rails in the radar look wider than mine too. How wide are you axles?

9. Collapse Details
    I will get some measurement tomorrow. The pic with the green lines is one of tuts cars. When I mentioned adding bends to raise the tube that was tuts suggestion. I've got ahold of projectX but he mounted his differently. I think he rides mostly in the dunes so his rpm box hangs below the frame and has only one pivot at the bottom.

I haven't purchased the axles yet I can get a rough measurement.

Can the rpm be mounted behind the hub centerline or will that cause to much play for the axles. From what I remembered reading I thought for sure it was supposed to be in front of hub center always. About how much play can you get out of axles.

As for the engine even with the oil drain plug hanging out the bottom the head still hits the upper bar. That why I'm thinking of removing it. Even thought about having the fire wall shaped to allow the engine to move forward even more.

10. Collapse Details
    This is how X did his. I like the single pivot on the bottom. And thought about Doin the same but drilling a hole through the frame then welding in a a 1/2" tube into the frame. I just don't know where I'm going wrong with this. I see pics like this and he has so much room between the motor and rpm and motor to fire wall.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast