Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Lite's: Race Car (1st drive Video)
    I am sorry armymp I missed your post.. we went to Lucerne for our holiday.
    It was awesome.. I am going to do a new and full write up with some pics soon.

I had some trouble.. with getting video it seems everyone was to busy riding to take any.. dang it.
    I did get an inboard of me running down the the old MDR race course just after the rock pile from the rock down to the dry lake bed. I had a max speed of 70mph down that hill to the dry lake bed hitting 3 foot whoops in a few spots. Nice! This was my first real test so suspension was just close.. it is even better but I have even more testing and more to do.

Stay tuned for my write up.
    Thanks everyone and I hope you all had a great holiday as well.

2. Collapse Details
    so where's the video????

3. Collapse Details
    Looks Great Tut!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinwall View Post
    so where's the video????

I have just the testing one of me back a page or so.. But my new video from my gopro from inside is posted in the show off your buggy section as I finally get to call my buggy completed..

Please take a look at it and see what you think.
    Thanks

5. Collapse Details
    That looks sweet!

Glad I found out about you guys because I have been looking for a place to buy a frame!

Also what wheels to you have on the red two seater? They look awesome!

6. Collapse Details
    The wheels on the two seater midi? the black ones with the red bead locks?
    Those are the off road rims and tires.. they are super heavy.. seriously they weigh I think like 24 pounds or something horrible.. so I stopped using them and only use them for play etc.
    They were so heavy when I tried to race with them the extra weight shear broke a grade 9 bolt double sheared out of my shock mount!
    seriously heavy and should be for rock crawlers only.. I bought them as a promo when they came out.. wow heavy..

They look cool but that s about it. I would go with a utv rim with bead lock and use adapters as you have to run adapters to run those anyways. Then you have a much lighter rim and can use lighter utv rims.
    That is what I will do in the future, that's for sure.

7. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini A-arm Single Seat Race Car (Mock up body & tires)
    Quote Originally Posted by TutTech View Post
    Thanks Dirtreaper. Ya this one is for open desert as that just happens to be where I live so I built it a bit bigger then I needed to. But it will make it ride better and do better in the desert.

Anyways nothing to big but a quick update.
    I ordered and received my front disc brakes and hubs today.
    It took a while figureing it all out but finally I went with the same size front Snout.. or Spud as the class 9 buggies use except mine is a solid one piece snout not hollow like one of theirs is.
    I also am running disc brakes not drum so that will keep me lighter and give me better braking power.
    Plus I went with a 2 piston caliper. So should be plenty of brakes for this little guy.

Here is a couple pics.

and here is most the parts.. bearings, nuts bolts etc. all were included and I ordered from Moore performance parts who I have to say went out of their way to help me put all this together. Even sent me pics over the camera phone as I put parts with parts etc to set me up a small but good front brake system from off the shelf readily available parts.
    This keeps the price cheaper and makes it so I can get parts like brake pads easily even from an Autozone etc.
    Here is a pic of most the parts

The last thing that is great about these disc brakes is the hub is chevy 5 lug which matches the rear bearing carriers I went with so I can run one rim for everything and no extra money on adapters or the fear of an adapter coming loose or the extra weight or having to use an un-needed part. Nice.

So this turned out to be cheaper then some Tatum or Pro Am hubs for like 700 to 900 for race hubs and should work just as well.. maybe a bit heavier then I wanted but gets the job done and at half the price.

Anyways just an update. With these parts I may actually get this little guy to be a roller very soon.
    No coil springs but maybe the nitrogen will hold it up.. if not some quick strut rods will.
    Thanks for looking
    Hi Tut. You buggy looks awesome. I have a question for the front brakes you used. I want to use the brake calipers you have but with a custom brake rotor not the type of brake disc you are using since i do not have lots of room. I asked sandparts, mooreparts but never got a straight answer. My question is what thickness of rotor would the caliper work with. If you could just measure the thickness of the rotor you have i would be thankfull. And what is the fitting port on the caliper? is it 1/8npt ?

George

8. Collapse Details
    Ok sorry it has been very busy with my best friends wedding, bachelor party and waiting on parts etc.
    But.. here is a quick update on a two seater.

(Here you can see just how much smaller the Mini Lites are compared to my already smaller then average V.W. race car in the pic.)

Frame is coming a long well... all DOM plus I added in a larger 1.5 inch middle brace which on most the race cars I do just the three bars in 1 inch for webbing but to pass tech and race at BITD I wanted to try to up the safety.
    So it has a 1.5 center down bar in the side webbing with the two diagonal 1 inch bars. All DOM.

Waiting on front bulkheads.. seems to be an on going problem.. working to fix this by ordering 5 sets.. hopefully that will help me not have to wait.

Starting to build the suspension parts.. will be able to mount up soon as I get the front bulkheads.

Car seems to have gone together thus far very smooth and nice

9. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Lite's: Race Car
    Looks great, Tut! I'll bet you have to be a bit sad to see the red car go

10. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Lite's: Race Car
    Ya.. a little.. I passed her onto my wife and she has been a great car for my wife to learn in and she has done very well so that is whats hard.. But my wife wants to buy a new car.. so she will have a car payment each month.. so paying for racing every other month and a car payment is going to be to much.. so by not racing she can afford her new car pretty much. So she has made a choice to not race for a little bit.. so I can't have kitt just sitting around and we can use the money to pay off stuff. So I am a little sad to see her go but because I haven't driven her in 2 years and I have my new car "Goldie" I am ok with it..
    Little sad. Kitt, has been so good to us. Plus I am sure my wife won't be to sad when she starts driving her new car soon.. so its all good. But Yes Kitt has been an excellent car and I hope will be to the new owners as well.

Thanks.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast