Thread: Rhino or RZR ?

1. Collapse Details
    Rhino or RZR ?
    I'm looking at a build but keep falling back to a store/pre owned machine.It will be used for some street and general offroad recon and play.

If I went with store bought , which one ? Rhino of RZR ? Trying to compare same year to same year. Having said this, I'm not a ATV ? UTV guy. Just looking for a good all around machine for my wife and I.

Thanks,Randy

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Rhino or RZR ?
    Rzr
    I dust rhinos in my modified 35HP Vanguard buggy all day long, even some modified Rhinos with LT.
    I can dust RZR 800's on the hills but barely creep past them in the whoops due to my max speed of 50MPH, still tuning the CVt's to get a bit more MPH out of it.
    Rzr 900-1000 is the way to go if you have the budget.

Rhinos are okay in the lower budget range for Street or Ranch, but not for high speed offroad.

3. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Rhino - dinosaur. It was great in it's time, but it's long in the tooth anymore. There are some bad ass Rhinos out there, but the only Rhino thing left in/on them is the badge.

Snag an XP 900 or 1000 and you'll not be disappointed.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the pointers. I will keep looking into what is out their.
    I also think the Rhino's are past their prim but good for their time.

Wonder what will make the RZR a thing of the past ? Can't weight to see what it will be.

Thanks again.
    Randy

5. Collapse Details
    What about the Can Am Maverick? With the new turbo model out the older models can be found on the used market for pretty good prices........ nothing like a 1000cc V-twin to get you going!

6. Collapse Details
    The Rhino is a Utility vehicle only. If your looking for something Utility and sport then I would look at the Can am Commander. It has a dump bed along with a 1000 cc 85 HP engine. It also has the best cockpit of any SxS. Well except for maybe the heat of the engine sitting next to ya lol. If your looking for a true sport than the RZR and Wildcat series is the way to go. The Maverick has a really high center of gravity and lives on it's roof a lot.

7. Collapse Details
    CAn Am !!! RZRs nice but cant beat the bombardier and i'm not a polarass fan!! wheelers are junk compared to Hondas. they have junk seals and not the best running machines on the trail. and sorry I have to still laugh at the power they have 1000 cc and only 85 hs?!!!! thow in an inline 4, 1000 or a 1400 or hyabusa then you have power baby!!! im running an older cbr 1000 and it has 130hs But I should shut up buy what you can afford and have fun. You can always upgrade later on or build one. Oh I ran skidoo sleds and ran with the best of them Polarass, Articrap. they are all fun when they run and suck when they don't. Shop around and buy a good used one!! try it out and don't just buy it because the price is low. Lots of times with toys like these they are sold cheap for a reason look It over well or take it to a good shop! if the guy wants to sell it and is honest why would he not let you!!!!! just saying.

8. Collapse Details
    oh by the way im building my own mostly because I refused to pay that kind of money for stamped steel low power toys. and then have to put another couple thousand into it to get what I wanted! building takes time lots of it and mistakes hopefully none of them, but in the end when it runs YOU BUILT IT and know exactly what you have in it and can do it for a lot less if you do it right!