1. Collapse Details
    Gearbox Question
    Cool
    I have a Trailmaster 150XRX Buggy and need to find a good service manual for the 150 GY6 w/built-in reverse. The owners manual I got with it did not cover the engine I have. I need to know how much gearoil it requies. The Trailmaster distributor was unable to tell me anything that made sense.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Gearbox Question
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Usually there's a check hole on the side of the trans somewhere around the middle of the overall height (not saying this is on all of them, just saying).

Look for a bolt head with a copper washer under it. If there's one there, pull it out and see if oil seeps out. If it does, then the level is correct. If it pours out, then let it drain to the point of just seeping out, if it doesn't come out, then add away.

Use a good 90 wt gear oil - I like Mobil 1's synthetic stuff.

3. Collapse Details
    I believe Gokart USA is the US distributor which is to say they buy by container & pay the factory to put the Trailmaster logo on it.. I *think* but am not sure this is actually a Kinroad buggy. The guys at Buggynews are another good group to chat with. If you get stuck visit the Kinraod USA (runmaster) website a visit.. they have online parts-owners manuals for most of there models.

Go Kart : Kinroad USA, Motorcyle Manufacture

4. Collapse Details
    I bought my 150XRX from Gokarts usa and have spoken with the reps at BVPowersports (Trailmaster) amd have not gotten a straight answer yet. Their replies have been 4oz.gearoil to1 quart gearoil to it should be 15W40 engine oil in the gearcase. I don't understand how it can be impossible to get information on gearoil capacity for a 150 gy6 clone with integral rverse. Is this a new design or are they deliberatly giving me the runaround? In any case I will eventually find the information I need but it would be nice to find a parts/service manual that was actually for this motor.

5. Collapse Details
    I think the engine I bought for my kids buggy is a GY6 or whatever its called.Not real up on them.I downloaded the manual.Heres a couple shots from it,not sure if its the same capacity or not.You can go to my thread to see pics of the engine.Bullnerds kids kart.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .