Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    XTC Mini Sand Rail pricing???Good deal??
    Well I may be buying an XTC Minisadrail for about $4500. Is this a good deal? Has a CBR 1100 motor in it new bigger rad ect. Its the two seat model. Looks to be in pretty good shape. ould use some paint to be pefect. How much would you guys pay? XTC said they would build one for 15k! So 4500 sounds good! Thats as low as the guy will go. Heres XTC's web site. XTC MOTORCYCLE POWERED PAGE. Thanks for helping a NEWB out.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: XTC Mini Sand Rail pricing???Good deal??
    Spring Valley, CA (San Diego, East county)
    That sounds good, anything with a "Superbike" motor should be worth some money if this economic slump ever picks up.

They look like a sand only application but if that is your thing could be a good deal.

Ask specific questions about the motor, like last valve adjustment. If you know someone that is really good with streetbikes have them take a look at it.

3. Collapse Details
    Thats what I was thinking. I couldn't build it for less than six. So hopefully the engine is in good shape. Thanks

4. Collapse Details
    I have not heard any positive comments about XTC cars. This might be a fair price. Caveat emptor!

5. Collapse Details
    I see and talk to XTC owners ALL THE TIME as I am very near there birthplace.

Go for a ride in it FIRST. The first ones have little travel. Ride pretty shoddy. And the front spindles tend to break. I have heard that switching to much softer front shocks make a huge differance.

You might also recheck with the maker.

ALL THIS ABOVE IS NOT TRUE if you are talking he long travel one (Got a pic?) I ask this cause for 15K he told me he would make me the new design long travel which is soooooooooooooo much an improvement over the first XTC which was better than a manco gokart but not much. They are not anything alike in any terms between the first and the new longtravel.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

6. Collapse Details
    Well here is the link off of e-bay. Seems like a nice guy. Some things do need to be cleaned up on it. Wiring.. mountings (gauges lic plate ect) Just a lil nervous. Get back to me asap as I may be driving 4 hrs to pick it up. Thanks
    2006 XTC MOTORCYCLE POWERED DUNEBUGGY:eBay Motors (item 260453691158 end time Aug-05-09 10:57:14 PDT)

7. Collapse Details
    That buggy WILL be VERY fast. But only on smooth sand (or other surfaces) the ride will 9 out of ten times NOT be to your liking if the ground is not smooth.

Upgrading the suspension is doable but your better off just buying a better machine in the first palce IMO.

The ones that the XTC owner was talking to me about looked just like the one at this link:

http://www.xtc-motorsports.com/xtc1300lt.htmBut

It had a 600cc engine for the $15,000 range. The extra price of that one for just the motor upgrade is just silly and stupid. I could see a few thousand cause thats the only differance in the price of the 600cc motor VS a Hayabusa.

If you REALLY want a nice buggy to buy keep watching Evilbay but check out Craigs list in the Arizone and Southern California area.This link will help you searc large areas on Craigs list: Neat helper!!

http://www.searchtempest.com/Also

Check out the classifieds around the Glamis area for sweet deals on some nice sand rails. (google: glamis classifieds and look look look)

A day or twos drive to pick one up (even three or four) is way better than working on upgrading a suspension for weeks or more!! Just my thoughts on it! Both on time AND cost!* By a nice one like you want it. If you can. Be much happier.
    Last edited by nutz4sand; 08-01-2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: too bunched together
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

8. Collapse Details
    Oh yeah that rail on evilbay you linked to MIGHT be street legal in Kansas but it might not too. Just cause its got a plate does not mean its legal.

If its missing ONE LITTLE thing and you have an accident a Lawyer WILL find it and YOU are lieable for all injuries and costs!! They really look at home made cars and buggies and such. One little safety feature missing and WHAMMO. YOU are gonna pay. EVEN if the accidents is NOT your fault it can be made to be in some states.

NOT the person you got it from. Not the cop or inspector who OKed the car. YOU are. Just warning you IF you plan to drive it on the road.

Also even if its insured. The (your) insurance company CAN decide NOT to cover you once they discover YOU did not make sure the car had the missing safety item at the time that may have prevented the accident.

Just telling you this. To many people wish to drive things like this on the street for the cool factor but they do not realize just what they put at risk to do so.

If you have no plans to drive it on the street then no big on this post.... :]
    Last edited by nutz4sand; 08-01-2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: adding info

9. Collapse Details
    Well thanks for all the good info! I think the buggy will be a good starter buggy... Plus I really don;t want to spend over six. So i guess it'll have to do. I do have fab skills so upgrading the suspension down the road shouldn't be a big deal. Theres not a bunch of mountain type terrain where i live. Sand is right around the corner. May drive it on the street time to time.. Will see. I'll have to post pics and mods when I get it. Thanks so much!

10. Collapse Details
    Go to this link:

BuggyTrader

And go down to about the 13th post (may be more if others post. I cannot post a direct link due to the page format)

Its titled:

FS: Fort Worth, TX: Short Sand Car #2

Check it out. Might be something for you to consider. Its got a nice IRS rear. Hes got another for more thats ready to go right below it but its got a swing axle "LIKE" setup jsut like the XTC does you are looking at.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast