Thread: Rack Placement

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Rack Placement
    hmmm,..it will prob. be too high, but just for giggles, try bolting the outer heim on top of the upper tab and see what happens.....
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

2. Collapse Details
    It is to high. Does it matter that the tierods and the rack are all in line. every thing seams to cycle fine..

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    It is to high. Does it matter that the tierods and the rack are all in line. every thing seams to cycle fine..
    It cycles fine now, or before your raised it?
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

4. Collapse Details
    It cycles fine in the lower position. Does it matter the the tierods and the rack are all in a straight line??/

5. Collapse Details
    I'm curious to know if you have performed the following and taken measurements to know what the actual amount of bump steer is from wheel-to-wheel.

Raise the frame so the front tires are off the ground and begin measuring from tire-to-tire as the car is lowered to the full compression point of the suspension

I would create a shock substitute indicating fully extended and fully compressed shocks so you know when to start and stop measuring toe.

I don't remember this coming up anywhere in the thread. It has all been focused on raising 1 tire. I contend that you don't know truth until you raise and lower the car as a unit to check toe-in and out from tire-to-tire as they both travel up and down.

Measuring 1 isn't the story.
    Last edited by Gene; 06-19-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: more complete thought

6. Collapse Details
    I've been waiting for someone to point that out. I can't believe yoshi didn't jump on it.Also make SURE that the steering wheel is centered and CANNOT move while cycling the suspension.That can really fug up the measurements.

7. Collapse Details
    Gene No I have not done want you asked. what i have done is set the frame at 13 inches off the ground ( i get 10 inches of travel out of the suspension with no binding, so i have roughly 3 inches of groung clearance at full droop). I have measured the amount each wheel tiltes inward to the top both at full droop and full bump ( i got 0 at full droop and about 3 degrees at full bump).

Your statment ( Raise the frame so thefrt tires Etc). Ar e you saying do this with the shok subtitue in place, And what am i measuring, and how often am i measuring?? The tierods should be connected when this is beingdone.

8. Collapse Details
    You're talking about camber change and not bumpsteer.This entire thread has been about bumpsteer not camber change.You gotta use the correct terminology to get answers you're looking for.

9. Collapse Details
    The shocks subs can not be in place....Set the frame so the wheels are just off the ground at full droop, lock the steering so it does not move somehow, then measure from one tire across to the other tire to see if they toe in or out and at what point in the cycle of the suspension do they move.

Some times it takes me a little bit to get it.

Then what do i do with that info..i will get back to you all when i get some info

10. Collapse Details
    So sorry Masterfabr.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast