Thread: mounting shocks

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: mounting shocks
    Now your not making sense agian.

2. Collapse Details
    lol,..the red angle at the lower right of this pic is the new angle that should equal 90 degrees when the shock is fully compressed, the actual arm that connects to the wheel is no longer factored in as far as where it is in location to the shock, al lthat matters is that as the shock is compressed, it is done in a progressive way and.
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

3. Collapse Details
    So what your trying to say is that with a cantilever set-up that the shock needs to be 90deg to the cantilever arm? AKA "loaded arm" as you put it?

So how is having your shock mounted above the center line of the arm on tabs any different than have it mounted above the center line on a Cantilever arm?

Answer, it's not. Thats why you use the pivots to figure out your motion ratio........

4. Collapse Details
    All I can say is that apparently member engineer wasted a lot of time explaining this.

5. Collapse Details
    Just don't reply to this thread for two weeks. Then come back and summarize only list Yoshi as agreeing. He will have forgotten his point of view by then and everybody will be happy.

6. Collapse Details
    lol!!

7. Collapse Details
    was there ever a solution to this suspension mounting issue? i know it has been a while since there has been a reply but it seems like someone must have solved this by now.

after reading through and making sense of it myself i find that i agree with yoshi and k-fab. i understand what everyone else is saying at the same time but k-fab made the most sense out of it to the point where i can picture his point. i just want to know what the majority rule was since im trying to figure out suspension workings without going to school for it... doesnt apply to business majors .
    BOOST FIEND

8. Collapse Details
    well, it's been more than 2 weeks, but i'm gonna have to completly agree with post 255.

No way in hell will I be re-reading this topic to pick back up on the debate, I just looked at my pic in post 252, and I have no idea what the hell it even is, lol...........
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

9. Collapse Details
    Hey guys.. I have read some of the posts in here but i could not find whats the problem when laying the shock down, having an angle less than 90 degrees. Its something to do with the spring rate right? as the suspension cycles the spring rate needed changes when laying the shock down?
    Also when the max leverage ratio that i can use? i have made the mistake of buying shorter shocks and i need to maximise my wheel travel.
    In ricks ar51 i think the shock is laid more horizontally. thank you

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26