Thread: mounting shocks

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: mounting shocks
    If the tabs are 1/8" yes OK .I think they look to be only 14 Ga. Maybe I'm just judging the thickness wrong.

2. Collapse Details
    This maybe silly but i am asking any way, I temporarly mounted 1 shock and need to see if iam at 90 degrees at full bump, but i can not compress the shock enough do ijust release the gas through the bleeder valve and then later just recharge later???? will i loose any oil ????

3. Collapse Details
    Yes, let the nitrogen out. If you have it upright and let it out slowly, you won't lose much if any oil. If you are running air shocks, you might want to consider getting a nitrogen tank and regulator to fill your own shocks as you will be making adjustments later on. It makes life much simpler if you have your own bottle.

4. Collapse Details
    Another option is to use a piece of metal strap with three holes. The upper two holes represent collapsed and extended length. This is a lightweight way to move things around and you can easily put a square or protractor against it. Of course you still have to iron out clearance issues . . .

5. Collapse Details
    Tell me what you think look good or what???

6. Collapse Details
    I believe you may be putting too much rotational load on that tube that the mount is tied to. I know how I would do it but I would have a hard time explaining it. I wish I were there to explain in person. Wish I was of more help. Ill see if I can draw it up in a way it would be seen and explained well.
    Please visit the classifieds section to view items I have available for purchase. I also run a fully equipped machine shop to suit any builder's needs.

7. Collapse Details
    Close, your pivot lines should actually be through the arm pivot and the shock mount pivot like so.

Also, on thin wall tube, long tabs like those can rip a section of wall out of the tubing. It would be better if you could put a piece of tubing across between the tubes you just put in and mount the tabs of that co that they are pointing strait down.

8. Collapse Details
    Thank you for the input, ( you guys are giving mejust what i want and need) i will redsign again. Mounting shocks is no fun... It is like 2 steps forward 1 step back then start over

9. Collapse Details
    Beef up the upper mount and IMO you've got it.There's been some really good advise given in this topic.Good going guys!

10. Collapse Details
    I am not sure how to beef up mount. The advis has been great *thank you all

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast