1. Collapse Details
    Vertical distance between a-arm mounts on frame
    Hey guys,
    I was wondering how the vartical distance between a-arm mounts on the chassis affects handling. I came to think of this when I saw this buggy
    , as you can see the top rear a-arm is about the same height as the tire.
    Does this change the roll center? -thats what I was thinking.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Vertical distance between a-arm mounts on frame
    The closer the top arm is the the bottom, in relation to the mounts at the spindle, the tighter the radius for the roll center. this does not take into account the difference in length of the top and bottom arms. The front of the car will probably have a lot of camber gain throughout the compression. The rear arms look to be close to parallel, so the top mount being high won't have much effect. Maybe it's for strength?
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Vertical distance between a-arm mounts on frame
    this can only go to a certain point, such as on the edge pirahna, where the top and bottom mounts are actually the same. The radius is the distance from the tire to the mount. If you draw a line extending each arm, you can find where they cross, and where the roll center is.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.