1. Collapse Details
    ATV Tyres vs. Rated Tyres
    Excluding paddle tyres:
    1. How many people are running (or are intending to run) ATV tyres and how many are running (or are intending to run) rated tyres?
    2. What sizes are these tyres?
    3. How many have tried both sorts of tyres on the same car and what differences did you note?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: ATV Tyres vs. Rated Tyres
    I'll be running Carlise 23x10.5x12 atv tyres rear 23x8.5x12 front the tread pattern is alot like ITP all trail or the BFG desert tyre used in the Baja series. I'll let you know how they handle before Xmas! When the Desertkarts center load info is ready let me know and I'll e-mail my lic#.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by redbeard\";p=\"14571
    I'll be running Carlise 23x10.5x12 atv tyres rear 23x8.5x12 front the tread pattern is alot like ITP all trail or the BFG desert tyre used in the Baja series. I'll let you know how they handle before Xmas! When the Desertkarts center load info is ready let me know and I'll e-mail my lic#.

good deal, make offer...

https://www.minibuggy.net/modules.php?na ... opic&t=897

i will be using 14" or 15" rated tires, about 26" tall front/rear....

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Rorty - it's spelled Tyrha in Kentucky and Tennesse...

Goodyear Wrangler A/T's or BFG All Terrain T/A's in a 235/75-15
    New car will run 31/10.50-15's or similar. *Not sure what brand - BFG or Yokohama.

I've driven Tazcars and Coyotes w/ATV type tires. Blackwaters 27-12-12 on rear and 27-8-12 up front (on both cars).

ATV tires give an initially plusher ride (sidewall flex) and offer better traction at lower speeds and are available in many different tread patterns - from a smooth to mud to dirt to rocks.

Downside - They get bouncy once you pick up speed, they lack feel with the ground (flex, flex, flex) and they lack ground clearance.

Rated Tires - TOUGH. *Usually have better sidewall puncture resistance. *They feel more connected to the ground at speed and they don't tend to bounce like an ATV tire.

Downside to rated tires is - stiffer sidewall gives a stiffer ride, in general you have to groove them to get better traction.