Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Air shock tuning/ with dimensions
    hoser
    I glossed over that site and noticed a few things, to adjust your pressure you need the proper tool to depress the valve core so you can accurately adjust and maintain the pressure his methods might be good enough for a slow moving rock crawler but you will want something more accurate for a buggy especially if yours is like my Pilot 600 lbs.

That site has alot of good info on it you guys should feel lucky to have it to look at, back when I bought my shocks I didnt get that sheet telling you to add oil or how to adjust, their was NO info on the web to be found on the air type shock, *I just got shocks in a box then had to call FOX to try and pry info out of them, after calling them two times I quit calling, the best info I got came from another Pilot Odyssey member that had them on his LT Pilot, trust me their is a alot difference betweem looking at that page and looking into a empty card board box.

2. Collapse Details
    hoser
    So why dosent the image feature work?

3. Collapse Details
    hoser
    I see they offer 2.5 air shocks now "Double The Load Capacity Of The 2.0 Air Shocks"

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/pro ... amp;page=1

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Quote Originally Posted by hoser
    So why dosent the image feature work?
    That's weird. I've tried three different methods to get it to come up and it doesn't work... I keep getting the same syntax you did - just html instead of the pic.

The image link to something in this site SHOULD work - but as you've seen, nope. Nada. - Hopefully when Amergin updates the php software, this bug will go bye bye.

Here's the pic you were trying to get to show (I cheated, d/l'd the pic, attached it to an outside website and then linked from there):

As hoser points out - this little piece is absolutely necessary when trying to adjust air shox.

You can NOT tune them correctly w/o a setup that keeps the system closed while adjusting.

5. Collapse Details
    This looks like a homemade filler setup. Where did you get the pieces for it?

6. Collapse Details
    I've got one of those gauge set-ups. Do I use it? No. They are more hassle than there worth. A good gauge on the regulator will do the same thing and is a lot faster. After you use one of those a few times in the dirt they get all gummed up and start to leak.

7. Collapse Details
    I agree with bdkw add air till the desired ride height I dont think many of your buggys will weigh the same on both sides anyhow thus the need for some fine tuning. its not hard it is just time consuming

8. Collapse Details
    hoser
    Your right, better yet I seen a 225 psi 12v air compressor for 11 bux at wallly world you can use to fill them.

9. Collapse Details
    Sweet! Is that the one with the nitrogen filtering kanebler valve on it?

This what the good guage on the regulator is for. set your regulator to the desired pressure, bleed it a couple times to make sure the pressure holds, fill shocks. It will be just as accurate as the assymbely above.

10. Collapse Details
    hoser
    Quote Originally Posted by bugpac
    Quote Originally Posted by AtvNut
    I agree with bdkw add air till the desired ride height I dont think many of your buggys will weigh the same on both sides anyhow thus the need for some fine tuning. its not hard it is just time consuming
    well, it sure would be nice to be able to have 211 lbs in the shock, and then when airing down for some reason, being able to get 211 back in without guessing at it...some people here probbally will perfect shocks to 1/2 lb, not me but some people will have more fun tuning the car than driving it ... 8)
    The nitrogen volume in my shocks will be pretty close to what everybody else has, if I take a tire chuck normally used for filling tires and put it on and take it off my shocks fast as I can trying not to loose any pressure I have just lost 50% if you take a normal tire gage and try to take a reading same thing when you remove it from the shock you just lost 1/2 your nitrogen, using the correct tools when I depress the valve core then release it the pressure that fills my setup will lower the shocks pressure by 5-7 lbs each time I do it, its how I lower mine if I over fill, I urge others to play around find what works then continue to use it I am just sharing what I know.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast