Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Air shock tuning/ with dimensions
    I set up my buggy the other day and played a lot with pressures to get the correct ride height and what I found is that it is very important to set it under REAL operating conditions. I filled the tank with gas, set all of the tire pressures, got in the drivers seat and put my son in the passenger seat. I was surprised to find that I had to add a different pressure in every shock, not by much, to equalize the ride. Took a lot of time but should pay off!!!

I also just use a basic air\nitrogen chuck. I just set it 10 psi over what I want and remove very quickly. I have tested this method and 10 psi is an avg. loss for me.

2. Collapse Details
    OK on my pilot I just got some 2.0 air shocks from fox set with 40rebound/90compression with 150 psi and the stock oil fill of 250cc/mm or whatever... I don't like the way it kicks up in the rear 26 seconds in the video, 38 seconds and 4:01 minutes shows what it's doing...
    which way should I go in tuning them???
    Thank you...
    YouTube - foxshocks1.wmv

3. Collapse Details
    Not enough rebound dampening do you know what your droop is with rider in the vehicle? should have about 30% of the travel taken up when sitting in the vehicle if not you need to reduce your Nitrogen Pressure. make sure to slide that o'ring up to the shock body before a ride when testing so you know how much of the suspension travel your using.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AtvNut View Post
    Not enough rebound dampening do you know what your droop is with rider in the vehicle? should have about 30% of the travel taken up when sitting in the vehicle if not you need to reduce your Nitrogen Pressure. make sure to slide that o'ring up to the shock body before a ride when testing so you know how much of the suspension travel your using.
    well I am close on the sag... 6.025 is what I should have exposed shaft and I have about 6.75... About how much air should I take out? I am at 150psi...
    I have a source that is 30 mies one way so I don't want to make to many trips... I also have 250cc oil. Might need more

YouTube - shockvid2.wmv
    YouTube - foxshockvid2.wmv
    YouTube - shockvid 3.wmv

5. Collapse Details
    More oil will increase your problem as the spring rate will be even higher when compressed. You need to start by correcting your ride height then retest. One way to fix the effects of lack of dampening without tearing the shocks a part is to use a heavier shock oil.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4