Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    knowing what the pressure is in your shock is irellavant what you need to know and what is more important is ride height. I guess a tape measure will work here $3.99 at Harbor Freight. No matter how much or how little pressure you have it dont matter as long as your ride height is correct. I use the regulator to get them close and if I need to reduce the pressure I take a rag put it over the schrader valve and press my thumb against it. This works very well and bleeds the pressure off very slowly.

2. Collapse Details
    Not Saying either way is wrong or more right and the oil wont change regardless of how much nitrogen is in the shock I guess I would like to know why you would air down?

3. Collapse Details
    one very simple question does hoser weigh his car from side to side and compensate the pressure for the weight difference? Have you ever been to an off road race and watch them twist the spanner nut to add preload and adjust the ride height they dont count turns; they measure it. if you measure and both sides are equal how are you going to get any more accurate? and as far as the guessing goes I have a very similar setup as hoser does and all you have to do is use it once, from that point on all you have to do is use the regulator on the bottle dial it to the pressure desired and your off to the races.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bugpac
    what if you needed to lower the car for storage, or trailer height etc.
    One team I was with had a double stacker trailer. We used to just ratchet strap down the suspension to make the car fit. No need to monkey with the shocks and make extra work.

5. Collapse Details
    Re: Air shock tuning
    Just something for you all to read

6. Collapse Details
    Re: Air shock tuning/ with dimensions
    I've been using the air chuck method to fill my Fox Airs for two years, it works fine if you do it right. *Just push it on, hold it there till it equalizes, then let off real quick. *Some pressure will be lost, but it doesn't matter what the actual pressure is inside the shock, as long as you remember what pressure it takes to get the sag right. *I agree the screw-on no loss adapter is better, but it's $45 and more time consuming.

7. Collapse Details
    I doubt I'm ever going to do a great deal of shock work so I was looking for something smaller. *I was looking into using a paintballer CO2 tank but the fittings aren't the same and I don't know if they can be adapted...or if I would have trouble getting such a setup filled with N2 later. *I just scored this little tank & regulator setup on eBay and it looks to be exactly what I was looking for. *It's made by "Rehvac" for nitrogen purging HVAC systems. *3000psi tank pressure, 300psi output gauge (I haven't filled it to see what the max regulated pressure is yet).
    They don't have a website so you'll just have to Google order information. *Goes for about $220 new.

I made the filler manifold/gauge setup at work last week while I waited for delivery.
    Life is good...it's people that suck.

Buggies Present: 2 Rzrs, 1 small CORB
    Buggies Past: Ridge Runner, Edge Sidewinder, Yerfdog

8. Collapse Details
    Hi, What oil, valving and Nitrogen pressure would people recommend for a Barracuda??

Thanks

9. Collapse Details
    You guys might find these ride height adjustment tools interesting. I made these for adjusting the ride height on my 954 Piranha. It totally eliminates wheel scrub which allows your buggy to achieve or seek its proper height without the friction created by the wheels scrubbing.
    the pads are mounted on linear low friction ball rail. I welded stops on the ends of the rails that prevent the carriages from slipping off. With these you can compress your suspension all the way and the shocks will return the buggy to the exact ride height every time.
    The problem I was having before I made these was the scrub was always preventing the buggy from setteling to the same height. These make the job a lot easier.

10. Collapse Details
    That is badass, but i see them cheapo car wheel dollies probbaly a bit more cost effective, but i also never did think of it, great point out rick....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast