Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Help with tire size and rims for Apex powered Tazcar
    I have posted here several times with pics of the new wrap over the last couple years, but probably not any with the white paint scheme. That "cool" flame design was something random I found on the internet and had a wrap company print it to a wrap to fit my taZ.

2. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    Hey Rat I didnt realize it was you that responded, I thought it was K-fab, oops... So you have the rear STU 30" with the #2 cut(1-1/4" paddle) and that same rim with 10" width?? Did your rim come with your correct bolt pattern or did you have to drill new holes. You have an Apex correct, do you know your gear ratio in the RPM gearbox, mines 8:1. How do they perform in the sand, if you could buy tires again would you stay with the 30" or go bigger or smaller, or are they just right for launching, pulling up hills and not letting the engine struggle. Thx
    STU1300 paddletrac mine are not 2 cut there shorter than that I also have a pair of 15 x 13 Sand Squirt extremes. Both sets are on 12'' 4 bolt VW pattern rims. I drilled my 8''x 15 bead lock rims that have dirt tires mounted to fit my hubs . My gear rato is 10 to 1 . I like the STU's in the sand but the sand Squirts are a flat paddle and the ass gets a bit Loooose with them. I plan on a new pair of STU 1300 Plus tires .My STU1300's are about shot after twelve years they are the best tire for my buggyMine came with 26 x 12 sand blasters and mohawks front and they where complete shit. I have no problem with any hill but my motor is around 260hp
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

3. Collapse Details
    Ive had my stuís for 6 years and they were used when I got them. The Stu Paddles always lasted. My last dune trip I had to drive on concrete for a couple hundred yards to get to the dunes and I started losing chunks from the middle of the paddles!! So your at 260hp, turbo and 10:1, that ought to spin up those paddles! Where did you start when you decided to add a turbo, I mean did you purchase the kit new or fabricate your own. Also Iím rebuilding my shocks, can you tell me what your valving is on the front and rear? Iím trying to find a good starting point. Much thanks!

4. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    Ive had my stu’s for 6 years and they were used when I got them. The Stu Paddles always lasted. My last dune trip I had to drive on concrete for a couple hundred yards to get to the dunes and I started losing chunks from the middle of the paddles!! So your at 260hp, turbo and 10:1, that ought to spin up those paddles! Where did you start when you decided to add a turbo, I mean did you purchase the kit new or fabricate your own. Also I’m rebuilding my shocks, can you tell me what your valving is on the front and rear? I’m trying to find a good starting point. Much thanks!
    No kit bought some books on turbo charging systems figured out the flow and built it all from scratch . As far as shocks ive never messed with the valving, only turned up the spring pressure in the back and adjusted the comp rebound an the bypasses in the rear after putting the Apex motor. the Apex weighs over 200lbs compaired to the Pissaris junk i took out
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2