1. Collapse Details
    Rear suspension plans....would like advice
    First, what is this type of suspension called? And what are the pros and cons of that arrangement vs dual A-arms?

currently have trailing arms but am having issues with the axles binding at full plunge. I’m about to have to make some minor changes to the suspension to accommodate a more interesting engine and am considering ditching the trailing arms and going with something that will take care of the plunge issues and give me some camber control. I like the dual A-arm idea because it would also give me some toe adjustment, but i’m reluctAnt because i just don’t see many dual a-arm setups in full size buggies and am assuming there’s a reason why.

advice and opinions woild be appreciated

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Rear suspension plans....would like advice
    There are loads of options to look at. The Edge have a full hub to hub you could look at as a starting place.
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

3. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    The pic you linked to is just a standard RZR three link. Basically a trailing arm with two control links. Simple, effective. They induce toe as they move through the travel. It's not much but it's there. The lower link in the back is also a tender spot - they like to drag and get destroyed by rocks and such.

The Canned Ham X3 and the Mini Raptor use a modified three link - the hub in the back is a steerable piece so it controls toe.

Dual a-arm cars are stout as can be and done right work very well. I think a lot of the reason behind a large boxed trailing arm like you see on so many off road vehicles is simplicity. ONE bullet proof piece for the suspension instead of a pair of arms or a bunch of links.

I can't recall if his had it or not - go look at JD66's build. I think he may have had rear a-arms. Also check flyerrider's build - that thing was a-arms all around and worked very nicely - and brought the off road cops right to camp at Ocotillo with TALON behind the wheel (you hellion you!).

4. Collapse Details
    This ^^^

Take your time to learn and find the option that will best fit your needs but also you fit your buggy. ☺
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post
    The pic you linked to is just a standard RZR three link. Basically a trailing arm with two control links. Simple, effective. They induce toe as they move through the travel. It's not much but it's there. The lower link in the back is also a tender spot - they like to drag and get destroyed by rocks and such.

The Canned Ham X3 and the Mini Raptor use a modified three link - the hub in the back is a steerable piece so it controls toe.

Dual a-arm cars are stout as can be and done right work very well. I think a lot of the reason behind a large boxed trailing arm like you see on so many off road vehicles is simplicity. ONE bullet proof piece for the suspension instead of a pair of arms or a bunch of links.

I can't recall if his had it or not - go look at JD66's build. I think he may have had rear a-arms. Also check flyerrider's build - that thing was a-arms all around and worked very nicely - and brought the off road cops right to camp at Ocotillo with TALON behind the wheel (you hellion you!).
    I always referred to it as a three link but when I tried to research it all I ever turned up were solid axle builds. I do see your point about the lower link being a weak point, and the simplicity of a trailing arm makes sense. I think I'll lean toward dual arms. That seems more stout and the drag point shouldn't be so much a problem with a beefy, boxed lower arm.

6. Collapse Details
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a Buggy with IFS (Independent Front suspension) and Solid rear axle setup? Hopefully a build thread, or some photos. I really like the idea of a solid rear but haven't seen much around these parts.
    HARD WORK PAY$

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ View Post
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a Buggy with IFS (Independent Front suspension) and Solid rear axle setup? Hopefully a build thread, or some photos. I really like the idea of a solid rear but haven't seen much around these parts.
    The Edge Sidewinder comes to mind. Though the engine sits off to the side and the fuel tank sits off to the other side to kind of balance it out.

8. Collapse Details
    Ok, I should have been more specific. I’m thinking trophy truck set up, but maybe with a mid engine setup? Just brain storming here. Looking for ideas.
    HARD WORK PAY$

9. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    TT style suspension is four link.
    Two trailing arms that attach to the outer ends (closer to the wheels) of the third member (live axle in a housing - think old Toyota pickup rear end) ant the two links come from the outer rear edge of the chassis to the center top of the pumpkin housing.

Google Trophy Truck rear suspension and you’ll see.