1. Collapse Details
    One link rear suspension??
    Anybody done a one link rear with a small gy6 engine mounted on the swing arm?if you don't know what a one link is here. Imagine the engine mounted on the triangle with a chain that runs down to a live axleBefore I get flamed for engine mounted swing arms this is not for high speed. This is my son's buggy that right now just has a normal swing arm rear on it. We mainly trail ride in the woods and more often than not he's running with only 3 wheels on dirt at very low speed. Years ago I had a buddy with a grader ball one link in a jeep and that thing flexed like crazy in rock gardens. He doesn't race around at high speeds and aint jumping it, it's 150cc so 40mph is great in the flats on a good day. Half the time I'm in 1st or 2nd gear on my 4 wheeler. Not trying to redesign his whole buggy to add IRS just something minor to help until he is ready for a bigger buggy.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: One link rear suspension??
    I did...a long time ago. I wouldn’t suggest it. The idea worked really well on paper, but in practice it didn’t work very well at all. Crawling along at grandma pace...like idling...and yeah,it was fine. Twisted like I thought it would. Going faster than 5mph and every bump gave me uncontrolled rear steer. Something big and long and it’s fine, but a short wheelbase buggy that’s already got loaded steering and small changes in the rear made huge changes in direction.

for the effort and cost involved you’d be batter off building an independent rear suspension. Also, a lot of live axle Chinese buggies end up three-wheeling because of limited travel and too stiff springs up front. Really the whole things end up too stiff and over sprung. I pretty much only deal with Chinese buggies and there hasn’t been a single one where putting real shocks on it wasn’t the most transformative thing done...which includes this thing.

3. Collapse Details
    I've already played with the shocks a bit. Aint went high dollar but do have some lighter ones off 4 wheelers on it front and rear. That was the first thing I done when I got it. It was stiff with me on it but with him alone it might as well not had any suspension. The front aint super soft now but I think what really is limiting it is the lack of front travel.

I'm already gathering parts for an motorcycle engine 4x4 buggy. Not really looking for a whole 'nother ground project.

4. Collapse Details
    What kind of buggy is it? If you don't know, post a picture.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by makenzie71 View Post
    What kind of buggy is it? If you don't know, post a picture.

A kinroad runmaster2 150cc

Not mine but it looks like this

If you need exact pictures I can try to get them tomorrow when it aint dark and raining.

6. Collapse Details
    No that's enough....generic Goka GK01 strut front suspension. You get something like 3" of wheel travel up front. Those things make great flat ground buggies but you're going to be really limited by the front suspension. I promise you the front is going to hold you up a lot more that the rear...and there's not much you can do about it short of chopping off the entire front and building a proper dual arm setup. Even if you get the mobility of that single link pivot setup and keep it under 10mph, the front is still going to hold you up.

7. Collapse Details
    Yeah, sounds like I'll just leave it alone and worry about the one I'm gonna build. After buying wheel spacers so I could use some old honda rims I had and new tires I already spent more on the thing than I paid for it. Still trying to find some rzr seats to replace the mess that was on it and make it a 2 seater again.