Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    front hub for combo spindle
    does any body know if wildwood or anyone makes a front hub that fits a combo spindle stub? i'm trying to find something that i can end up with 5 on 4.75 bolt pattern that will match my rear micro stub bearings. so i can have same bolt pattern and not use big wide 5 adapter plates.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: front hub for combo spindle
    Millenium Member
    What wheels you gonna use in rear? The wide 5 adapters (alum ones) are 4.75 x 5 so a redrill of bearing hub or adapter will be required.

But to answer you ??? No don't think I've seen a combo spindle with 4.75 pattern.
    Last edited by CARLRIDDLE; 02-23-2017 at 10:15 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Maybe I'll have to check that. I thought the micro stub bearings were 4.75. I have the big giant 33 spline micro stubs and the corresponding USA made bearing flanges. This project has been on hold for a while so my memory might be a little foggy

4. Collapse Details
    I started my project with combo spindles and tried looking around for something other than 5x205, but didn't have any luck. There are adapters, but if your goal is just to have 4 wheels with the same bolt pattern it might be easiest to adapt the rears to 5x205 to match the readily available options for front combo spindle hubs.

My micro stubs are 5x4.75". They came with the RaceTrim kit that also included an adapter to 5x205". http://www.mooreparts.com/race-trim-...b-disc-brakes/ I do remember there being a 2nd set of holes, so perhaps they were re-drilled for the kit, but they are 5x4.75"

If you are set on 5x4.75, you could always modify the spindles to fit hubs a lot of the resto-mod guys use, but that kind of opens an entirely new can of worms.

What are you doing for brakes? The nice thing about the available front combo kits is the brake setups are plenty, and pretty much plug and play.
    Last edited by iflytii; 02-22-2017 at 08:35 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Sorry, yes microstub kits avail are 4.75 x 5. I'd run that latest rage alum adapter iflytii referenced and plenty of offroad or sand wheels for vw pattern. I bought them elsewhere for less, but that's been a few yrs.

6. Collapse Details
    For a hub s10 has the same bolt pattern, or the Camaro has the same pattern, just a thought.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by 98Blazer View Post
    For a hub s10 has the same bolt pattern, or the Camaro has the same pattern, just a thought.
    On my first buggy I used 2000 Camaro front unit bearing hubs, 5 x 4 3/4. Four bolt flange mount, worked good, easy, cheap, replacement at any auto parts store.

Isn't the hub for the big 33 spline shaft 5 x 4 1/2, Dodge Intrepid?

8. Collapse Details
    The empi bearings are re-drilled from a 4.5" out to 4.75", not sure why they wouldn't keep them at 4.5", but it probably has to do with other people sourcing parts externally.

They also remove all of the numbers from their bearings. I know because I blew one and had a hard time paying 180 bucks 2 years ago.

Looks like they are 208 a piece on ebay, which is ridiculous.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

9. Collapse Details
    well it looks like the best way is to just stick to wide 5 and buy a common combo spindle front hub and rear adapters. I've spent hours looking through wilwood chevy front hub bearings and i cant find anything close to what i measured on my combo spindles.

10. Collapse Details
    I used S-10 spindle snouts with 5 on 4.75" S-10 vented rotors. I fitted it with willwood
    brake calipers. You can find replacement wheel bearings, seals, and rotors and any local
    parts store. I was a very affordable set up.

Project X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast