1. Collapse Details
    End Load Rack and Pinion For new build
    Hey all!! This is my first post, and I am investigating rack and pinions. I have built and edge barracuda with my buddy(more or less watched) , but that is the only experience I have with buggies. It has inspired me to build my own so here we go.

Anyways, I am posting in regards to a end load rack and pinion. The front end I designed will accommodate this rack as it is 8.5" from eye to eye. It will line up with my a arm mounts (line between upper and lower pivot points). It is the shortest end load, rear steer rack I have found, without moving to a center load rack. Does anyone have any experience with this rack from moore parts? - http://www.mooreparts.com/end-load-rack-pinion-8/

The buggy will be a light two seat around 1000lbs and 28' tires. Running a cbr 600 engine.

Let me know what you all think, if it should hold up I am going to order it. Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Re: End Load Rack and Pinion For new build
    Not familiar with the R and P, but if you go with rear steer you generally end up with the rack eye to eye spacing closer than the A-arm inner mount spacing. The opposite for front steer. It's because the steering arm coming off the spindle goes out for front steer and in for rear steer to help get correct achermann.

3. Collapse Details
    Re: End Load Rack and Pinion For new build
    I see now. So if I run rear steer I should probably use a centre load rack? Should I be able to use the rack and pinion I listed, flip it over, and run front steer?