1. Collapse Details
    Good source for quality rod ends?
    I need to replace the rod ends on my buggy. And with a 5 link rear suspension, there is a lot of them. They are all 7/16" in size. I need the two piece style, not 3 piece, for the extra angle possible. I have Aurora PTFE rod ends on there now, but they have developed a lot of slop in between the balls and housings. I heard that there are carbon or kevlar with PTFE that hold up better, but I'm not sure what brand they are or where to get them. Anyone have a good source for them?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Good source for quality rod ends?
    I have been tearing up Summit's inventory here in McDonough Ga, You have a summit location in Ohio so shipping should be quick. Type in rod ends in the search. They also have some great tabs that I have found for mounts and such.

Summit Racing €“ High Performance Car and Truck Parts l Edelbrock, ACCEL, Moroso, K&N, MSD, Holley & More!
    CRASH!!! GAME OVER!!!!!
    INSERT COIN!!!!!

http://www.jdmpooldesign.com

3. Collapse Details
    My car was originally designed and built with the Aurora 7/16 shank, 3/8 bore high misalignment heims. They have served me well for almost 4 years now. I tend to wear them out in the tie rods more than anything.

But at over $55 each, I will not be replacing them with the same unit due to the cost. I've had good luck with economy 2 piece heims on other projects.

Its a good thing I got a pile of the Aurora's with the car. I should have a supply at least through the end of the year.

4. Collapse Details
    Glock n Ballz
    Ft. Worth, Tx

5. Collapse Details
    shoot me a list of parts and sizes you need.
    I have a manufacturer/supplier out of Vegas I get my chromoly rod ends and they are Heat & Cryo Treated. They have worked well on my cars for the price I can't complain at all.
    Plus I get wholesale pricing.. so might work out for you.
    Shoot me the list and let me check and find out a total cost for you.
    PM me or email me.

*edit... never mind.. I just checked on just the 7/16 you asked about and he dont make any that small.. sheesh.. sorry man... good luck hope those other links help you.
    Last edited by TutTech; 08-08-2011 at 12:07 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SCEADU View Post
    I have been tearing up Summit's inventory here in McDonough Ga, You have a summit location in Ohio so shipping should be quick. Type in rod ends in the search. They also have some great tabs that I have found for mounts and such.
    Thanks I have ordered a bunch of stuff from Summit before but didn't realize they had such a large selection of rod ends. The QA1 rod ends seem like a good option, although it appears you can buy them direct from QA1 for a bit cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ihcj9 View Post
    My car was originally designed and built with the Aurora 7/16 shank, 3/8 bore high misalignment heims. They have served me well for almost 4 years now. I tend to wear them out in the tie rods more than anything.

But at over $55 each, I will not be replacing them with the same unit due to the cost. I've had good luck with economy 2 piece heims on other projects.

Its a good thing I got a pile of the Aurora's with the car. I should have a supply at least through the end of the year.
    Yeah those high misalignment rod ends are really expensive. I currently have the Aurora high strength economy VCAM-7 rod ends. They were good for a while, but the PTFE liner is definitely susceptible to "pound out" and now I can wiggle the balls in the body on the rear suspension. But they are 6 years old, although the buggy didn't get too much use for some of those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock n Ballz View Post
    I checked them out but they don't have many choices in the size I need. But if I ever need replacement suspension links, it's cheaper to buy the swaged aluminum ones from Speedway than make new steel ones...

Quote Originally Posted by TutTech View Post
    shoot me a list of parts and sizes you need.
    I have a manufacturer/supplier out of Vegas I get my chromoly rod ends and they are Heat & Cryo Treated. They have worked well on my cars for the price I can't complain at all.
    Plus I get wholesale pricing.. so might work out for you.
    Shoot me the list and let me check and find out a total cost for you.
    PM me or email me.

*edit... never mind.. I just checked on just the 7/16 you asked about and he dont make any that small.. sheesh.. sorry man... good luck hope those other links help you.
    I appreciate the offer Tut, thanks for checking.

7. Collapse Details
    This is another source. I've used some of their economy heims on my CJ, Granted it is a low speed wheeling vehicle. It didn't necessarily see the impact the buggy sees.

QS Components Inc. Quality Racing Rod End & Components

8. Collapse Details
    I ended up going with all QA1 rod ends, purchased directly from them.
    Circle Track Racing Parts | Rod Ends | QA1 Precision Products

I bought the PTFE/Kevlar ones for my front a-arms, but they don't have enough angle for the rear suspension or front uprights so I had to stick with normal 2 piece PTFE rod ends in those places.

9. Collapse Details
    McMaster-Carr? McMaster-Carr

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ihcj9 View Post

$55. I got the 3/4" Aurora for my front uprights for $28 from my local bearing supply store.