Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Shock Pictures, please give feedback, good, bad, horrible, placement?..?
    Muskegon Michigan, Beertent Capital of The World!
    Exclamation
    i am a new buggy builder. any tips comments or any info at all will be helpful. thanks guys.
    -Mike

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Shock Pictures, please give feedback, good, bad, horrible, placement?..?
    Be prepared for a million ideas....lol
    An easy question is did you remove the spring from a shock and cycle the suspension to make sure that frame on ground is your bump-stop?

3. Collapse Details
    Question to Evan. Why would a person use the frame as a bumpstop on the ground? Not a good idea IMO.

That said it looks like the shocks will be doing some twisting that is not desired. Also with that front steering link as you see it from the side. How bad is the bump steer?

I am also not crazy about the top shock mount. I know it gets done like that a lot but I still do not like it. Just a me thing maybe. But its hard on the tube to have that sticking out on that perch.

Also no king pin inclination on the spindles. ??
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

4. Collapse Details
    Also you will want the top arms shorter. Make them shorter and give it some KPI at the smae time. You will be GLAD you did.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

5. Collapse Details
    ok, i have no idea how to answer any of these questions.. help....

6. Collapse Details
    can u give me a rough size difference from top to bottom? i can fab anything. just the knowledge behind the fabing is the part that im not always great at.

7. Collapse Details
    the steering tab i tacked for the moment. once tires are installed i will relocate to achieve ackermin.. right? align the tabs to the center point of the rear end?

8. Collapse Details
    was this wrong to do?
    when installing the front shocks. i welded mounting tabs on the bottom A-Arm first. after this i set a Angle Measure on the a arm and raised 2*. set the top mounts at this point. repeated on the other side. both sides are at the same angles. i figured this so i wouldnt max out/ over extend or damage ball joints? should i have done this at MAX travel and mounted at max traveL?

9. Collapse Details
    I aint trying to be mean here just blunt to the point. Most of us have done just what you are. So eager to build we build then find out we did things that will make the buggy ill handling. I know I have!

Anyways I would also ask. Is the frame level in the pic you took from the side? It looks like the spindle is leaning forward (the top is in front of the bottom). If it is the buggy will handle VERY poorly at ANY real forward speed! (say over 10 mph!)

What of these words do you know. Really know and understand. So good you can explain them!

Camber
    Caster
    Ackerman
    KPI (King Pin Inclination)(Also called ball joint angle)
    Scrub
    Scrub radius (very different from scrub)
    Bump Steer

There are a lot more but lets start with these.

10. Collapse Details
    Im a front end virgin. I have the most basic of definition for all of those words... also the spindle is 90* to the tube that connects the top n bottom a arm... if their are any pictures or measures u need I can take them and post for u to possibly help me better.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast