Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Ford powered ST4 based buggy
    I already had my vw stuff when i found the subaru adapter, subaru definitely is more modifiable. Boost is the only way to go Haha and these new duratecs have about 70hp more na than the old lima 2.3 and they react to boost so much better. I'd say a stockish lima on 10psi which is stock is about 180-200hp my 2.3 duratec on 11psi is supposed to be in the area of 300hp. The new tech is amazing and the engine isn't 500 pounds haha. It's a great platform and i hope it works out good in the buggy, but I'll always have a soft spot for the lima

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2. Collapse Details
    thanks deranged, it's about to get even more stupid lol

3. Collapse Details
    well the new duratec def sounds like it has a better bottom and and power band with modern tech. who can use another 70 ish stock hp lol i was just trying to point out the gearing on that trans before you got to far and btw very nice work on the chassis! i ran a comp test on my motor a week ago as i have had something to figure out. 190 to 195 psi 1 thur 4. i am flat tops and 9:1 c/r on e85 that's why it that high.

4. Collapse Details
    Ive always been a fan of the higher compression lower boost builds, more usable power. I hope the gearing works its been my concern with this transmission but for the price and easiness i had to try it

5. Collapse Details
    on e85 i have now run 29 psi peak. it's wild up there! but short lived as LS has limited room to run. buying a borgwarner efr 6758 turbo now to replace this turbonetics to4e 50 trim. tried a hybrid built he351 9cm before and were that was higher rpm turbo it def came on like a light switch! again not a good choice for sand. the netics is just to high in the rpm for sand also, better than the he351 def more linear imo.

I get your trans choice, would've done the same thing if it were myself. i wonder if one can find diff gearing options for it? i hope that works out. def keep us updated!

6. Collapse Details
    Efr is the way to go i have a 7163 on my ranger, I'm going with a cxracing ball bearing billet wheel gt2871 for the buggy. I haven't seen diff options for the 012, I'm hoping to make due with stock. I'll keep everyone here posted i haven't touched it for a little bit i was waiting for sales to buy some parts and the cold and crowded garage has really brought down motivation. Hopefully I'll have something soon

7. Collapse Details
    No real progress lately, the garage has been cramped with the truck and the buggy in there, i did move the truck outside which sucks but i needed the room. Ive also been waiting for sales for some parts. I think I'll have everything this week besides the turbo and i can get a little work done soon

Last edited by dangeranger93; 12-07-2018 at 12:58 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    looks like you made some progress !

9. Collapse Details
    i have been looking at the ecoboost 3.5 d35 2nd gen. seen or heard anything good or bad about that motor? looks like it's capable of 650/550 fairly easy

10. Collapse Details
    No real progress just collecting parts

Ecoboost 35 is a great engine, ford sells a control pack to run it. Engine and control pack are pretty pricy though, not many trans choices either, quicktime makes a bellhousing

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7