Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    07GSXR600 ST4 BUILD
    hey guys i just wanted to say thanks for all of the wonderful information on this site! I've been strolling around and have been reading tons of build threads. I've been wanting to build a buggy for some time now and just got the go ahead from my father (I'm 16). i have a gsxr 600 engine already and have acquired all of the steel for it. I've already gotten my laser cut parts ordered and are coming soon. i want to make this as CHEAP as possible but without cutting corners. I've had multiple projects before such as a motorized recliner so i feel pretty confident about this build. please do not get mad at any of the stupid questions i ask, I'm open to any ideas and criticism. for the rear end Ill be using parts from a 1999 vw passat. i think thats it for now, ill try to post at least once a week. oh ya, because i want to have a very detailed record of this there are going to be tons of pics. but i have no clue how to do that so i guess ill look around on the site.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: 07GSXR600 ST4 BUILD
    Welcome to MBN the best way to post pictures is by using a hosting site for your pictures like photobucket.
    https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/minib...otobucket.html

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Beruba View Post
    Welcome to MBN the best way to post pictures is by using a hosting site for your pictures like photobucket.
    https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/minib...otobucket.html
    thanks!

4. Collapse Details
    i figured it out theres a good chunk of the steel, i ordered some thicker metal for the a arms/some other things, and extra tubing to make the frame 5in longer. or should i go 8in longer?

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details
    Off to a good start, cant wait to see more!

7. Collapse Details
    Nice start!! I have very similar pictures on my build threads. LOL

Justin
    Nowhere near the desert.

8. Collapse Details
    - I finished cutting all of the tubes for the first sub frame and have started to tack them together...

- Don't have that many clamps at the moment so I'm using screws and sone wood to fasten it down...

- Sorry for the blurry photo but heres what I'm using to weld on, it was a cast top to a jointer at our school that broke, so i asked if i could take it and they said yes. its about 2 x 4 ft.

- Im about to purchase hems but don't know what ones i should get, can anyone point me to a good set on eBay that works with the plans? thanks

9. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Wow!
    Already looks like you've been to the laser guy. Nice!

What size heims do the plans call for?
    There are a few thoughts on them. PTFE lined work well, especially in a lighter buggy. They're less prone to squeaking and such and can handle a bit more abuse. They're also a bit more pricey. Teflon lined work well too but after a while, especially if you play in wet/muddy conditions, the liner squishes out and they get sloppy.

This is is one of those things like shocks where you get what you pay for and it's worth it.

Speaking of shocks, look into Fox. Contact Proto-die here on the site for a set.

10. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Wow!
    Already looks like you've been to the laser guy. Nice!

What size heims do the plans call for?
    There are a few thoughts on them. PTFE lined work well, especially in a lighter buggy. They're less prone to squeaking and such and can handle a bit more abuse. They're also a bit more pricey. Teflon lined work well too but after a while, especially if you play in wet/muddy conditions, the liner squishes out and they get sloppy.

This is is one of those things like shocks where you get what you pay for and it's worth it.

Speaking of shocks, look into Fox. Contact Protodie here on the site for a set.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast