Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Planning ST4 Build and looking for a Jeffco FNR Differential Box: Please Give Inp
    The ST4 may look sexy but there are many dead tubes in the frame...

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Planning ST4 Build and looking for a Jeffco FNR Differential Box: Please Give Inp
    Yeah, after hearing that, it certainly is making me think twice about this model. Have you built any other buggies from plans Pstegs?

3. Collapse Details
    In regards to cab space, I am 5'8" and its way to cramped for me. However, there was a ton of room between the motor and the firewall, so I was able to mod the fire wall and move the seat back 4". This gave enough room for me and I'm pretty happy now.

4. Collapse Details
    I wanted to give you guys an update really quick. So after speaking with someone at the Registry of Motorvehicles that knew what they were talking about I was able to gather some info. So he said that the issue with my idea is that it has 4 wheels. He said "Once you out that 4th wheel on the ground things get very complicated." Basically if something has 3 wheels is can still be registered as a motorcycle, such as a can-am spyder. But once you add a 4th wheel the vehicle must have a certified drive train and must meet the emissions standards of the year of the engine installed. So because motorcycle engines aren't held to emissions standards there's no way for me to register it. So, adding the 4th wheel means that I would need to pass emissions (if I had a newer car engine) and have a gas tank vapor recovery system.

Now, I've already started down path number 2: After talking to Christian from Rorty, he told me that you can fit Ecotec 2.2L engines in the Rorty R16. It would probably be a great deal more expensive and take more work, but hey, looking fresh ain't free

I appreciate everyones input on the subject.

thanks,

Brendan

5. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the fun! I agree, you would be really happy with an Ecotec in an r-16. I'm 6'3, and I actually lowered my roof line, and had plenty of head room, and the leg room is plenty.

Justin
    Nowhere near the desert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2