Thread: Badland ST-4

1. Collapse Details
    Badland ST-4
    Wondering if anyone bought the ST-4 plans from Badland Buggy? I really like how it looks just want to see if anyone is currently working on one before I decide to buy plans.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Badland ST-4
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Try a search in the Projects in Progress section. There are a few Badlands buggies here on the board.

Welcome to the site.

3. Collapse Details
    I was wondering the same thing... I like the way they look, just don't care much for a few of their design choices.

Nobody is attempting to build one yet? Interesting.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mlchris2 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing... I like the way they look, just don't care much for a few of their design choices.

Nobody is attempting to build one yet? Interesting.
    Probably cause they are junk plans.

5. Collapse Details
    I can't believe they still haven't come out with a cv rear.
    We all know that their u joint rear sucks, yet they keep using it in their designs. How long have they been at this buggy stuff?
    You'd think they would address the weakest part of their designs before coming out with new stuff. The ST-4 does look nice though, except for the rear.

6. Collapse Details
    I bought the ST3 plans, but ended up remodeling and designing everything myself. The plans don't give a lot detail and aren't too well though out. The ST4 does look nice, but ~$75 for their plans are not worth it. Actually, the ST3 plans were only the ST long travel plans with a 10 page insert for the wider frame. The suspension and everything else was the same. Those few pages constituted $25 extra but didn't even include a material list. It appears IMO that they came out with the ST4 so quickly after the ST3 to try and right their wrongs with the ST3 as they now include full parts list, DXF files for plates and much more info that the ST3 doesn't have for the same price.
    Anyway, I learned that lesson.