Thread: NG to LT

1. Collapse Details
    NG to LT
    Hey everyone,

After stumbling on this forum the other day I realized how awesome it would have been for me years ago when I first started my buggy.

I was building an ST2 NG, started around 2005; it was almost finished but ran into some other things, and probably some laziness so it has been sitting since 2010 probably. Almost everything is done except the brake/throttle/clutch lines.

When we started building badland was a larger scale than they were and the NG was the newest model, so that's what we built. However there's a long travel now! So is it worth converting over without to much hassle? I was just going to but some LT plans as well but I didn't know if it was worth it. Are the a-arms much longer? It seems that in the back the existing shock mount on the a-arms would work, maybe would need to turn to the angle of the mount to the angle the shock is running up to the frame.

I hope I am making any sort of sense. But was hoping for any input. Once I figure out how to post pictures feel free to critique and bash my build.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: NG to LT
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Howdy and welcome to MBN.

Pics - here, this will explain how to post 'em up.

Once you get that dialed in, post away and show us what you have.

3. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    When posting from photobucket, right click on the picture and hit "copy image address". Then come back here to your post and use the little icon that looks like an envelope with a mountain on it "insert image". That will pull up a box. Hit ctl-v and that will past the address of the photo into the window. Hit the OK button and it'll post your pix into your thread.

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details
    Wow that was awesome, thanks for the help. Well this is how I found it after 5 years there are definitely some things I would like to change now. but what do you think?

7. Collapse Details
    You can make yours a LT by making custom shock mounts. I'm not sure if they made the lt wider, but there probably wouldnt be a need to buy the other plans.

I ran into the same dilemma years ago, as the lt plans were released a year after I started building. I was going to mount air shocks to mine, then I sold the frame and built a barracuda.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

8. Collapse Details
    Noted, thanks! If and when I do a second is a barracuda a pretty good option?

14" of travel seems like quite a bit for the range of motion the back end would have I thought?