Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: SII buggy - My first Build
    NPS is a freight damage store here in SLC. Check out the link. You never know what they are going to have day to day.

The NPS Store - Home

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks. I did find that web site but didn't think it was the right one. When I looked the first time they had a bunch of clothes, p. erfume and jewelry. I will have to drop into the store and see what else they have. Looks cool though.

I have been searching through the local adds and have found a few items for my kart. I found a steering wheel, some bearings, and a 2500 lb. capacity electric winch (Harbor Freight Brand). I have also seen several adds for Ryhno Shocks, but don't know if these will work on the shredder karts. Most of the shocks I have seen are from people who have upgraded their UTV's and are selling the stock parts. Has anyone tried using these on their karts?

3. Collapse Details
    So NPS has 2 stores one on the west side of the street and one on the east side. The east side is the one you want they carry all the cool stuff. The east side has metal for sale, and parts and all kind of goodies. The west side store has groceries and perfume.

4. Collapse Details
    Dont see why rhyno shocks shouldnt work. If you can get them for a good price why not?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Inailit View Post
    What is NPS?
    NPS buys freight salvage and sells it to the public. The website isn't very helpful. NPS is literally the reason that I got into minibuggies. I was in there and a friend pointed out this heavy 1:1 T gearbox with 1.25" keyed shafts for $35. He thought it would make a good rear end for a go cart. Of course I bought it. Then I found minibuggy.net while researching how to build a buggy. Needless to say, the gearbox was never meant to be, and never became a buggy part and it sits on a shelf.

They used to not have such a heavy presence on the auction site, and you could get amazing deals on all kinds of stuff. They are still there you just have to look harder. The rule is if you see it and think you may need, buy it. It'll be gone when you come back. Anything that rides in a truck is there at some point. Dirt bikes. Bicycles. Tires. Electrical. welding supplies. Metal. Sporting goods. Tools.

They also have pallet auctions. Walk around, look at all the pallets, silent bid on whatever you want.

1600 Empire Rd, Salt Lake City, UT 84104
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.- Ferris Bueler

6. Collapse Details
    Sounds good. I will be traveling past the NPS store later today and plan on stopping in to take a look.

Also, I scored some shocks from a 2012 Polaris Razor yesterday. as far as i can tell they are in good shape. No leaks or damage that I could see. The guy who sold them to me upgraded his razor to a long travel suspension and was selling the left over stock parts. I tried to pick up a few other parts but he had already promised them to another buyer. See below.

7. Collapse Details
    Does anyone know where to get the tool used to adjust the springs on the shocks. These look like there is some kind of specialty wrench to make adjustments. Also, is there a recommended procedure? If I understand correctly you can dial the tension on the springs so that they give either a softer or firmer ride. These are already tensioned as firm as they go. I am thinking that my buggy will weigh less than or about the same as a Razor so I think the shocks should work well, but it would be nice to dial in the ride once my buggies are done.

8. Collapse Details
    American Fork, UT 90 minutes from the sand
    The shock adjustment tool will vary slightly, depending on the diameter of the shock, etc. If you don't have a tool handy, then a pair of channel lock pliers will work. You just need to get a firm grip and twist the adjuster. It moves easier than you think.

9. Collapse Details
    Sweet! I'll give it a try. I was worried the shocks would be difficult to adjust. I think the only problem I have found with the shocks is that the bottom bushing is 1/2" wider than the gap between the plates I welded to the A-arms and rear swing arms. I should have waited until I had the shocks before welding the two mount plates on. Lessons learned I supose. Looks like I will be re-fabricating some mounting plates in my next fab session. Bummer!

10. Collapse Details
    Forgot to mention. I stopped at the NPS store today and all of you were correct. I planned on spending about 30 minutes taking a quick look on my way to an appointment and an hour and a half later I was calling to explain why I was late. Oops!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast