Thread: Sii

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Sii
    I thought I would try to tackle these bad boys myself, but after 3 hours of getting nowhere I gave up. Called discount tire, and 40.00 +tax and a hour later they were done. That may have been the best 40 bucks I ever spent. What a PITA!!!

2. Collapse Details
    Money well spent.

My last Harley tire I did pretty quickly and I didn't even have my spoons, just a couple big screwdrivers.

The smaller diameter wheels seem tougher.

3. Collapse Details
    Regulator/rectifier causing my my buggy to die after 10-15 seconds of idling. found out its the stock connector plug. So I soldered all the wires and no more problems. I did however go through the entire fuel system before figuring that out. The new fuel pressure regulator sure is nice to look at and it matches the paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lug-Nuts; 07-27-2018 at 02:20 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Also beefed up my shock towers a week or so ago. I just need to put the passenger seat back in it now.

20180725_171151.jpg

Attachment 36304Attachment 36305
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lug-Nuts; 07-26-2018 at 01:15 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    American Fork, UT 90 minutes from the sand
    It's nice to know that your buggy is still chugging along.

Chasing a problem that looks line one thing, then turns out to be something else? Yeah, we've all been there.

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details
    Found a really cool abandoned rock quarry yesterday.
    20180802_153715.jpg

8. Collapse Details
    That is pretty neat. Looks like a cool place to go ride, nice looking buggy!

9. Collapse Details
    Thanks, Ive ridden out that way before but never noticed that quarry. So I rode up the road to it and the gate was old, rusted and wide open. There are a ton of abandoned mines around that area also. I just thought the different colors in the rock looked really neat so I had to check it out.

10. Collapse Details
    American Fork, UT 90 minutes from the sand
    I assume that is down around Five Mile Pass? I've ridden out in that area for years and I still find trails that I've never seen before.

If you're looking for something fun, go out near Elberta, locate the trail that goes up through the old train tunnel and then continues on up the canyon towards Eureka. The train tunnel is fairly short, but still fun to find and ride through.

The trail up the canyon is interesting because it roughly follows the old train tracks that ran through the canyon. You can see the old rail beds, especially where it took a big loop around the canyon to get enough elevation to make it the rest of the way to Eureka. There were also two more train tunnels in the canyon but one collapsed due to a fire and the other one was purposely sealed up when they pulled up the tracks back in the early 80's I believe. Your buggy may be too wide to follow the trail all the way up to Eureka along the railroad bed. They put some telephone poles down the middle of the old track bed and you have to drive around them. I also remember one part being a little intense because the left side is a sheer drop-off to the bottom of the canyon and the trail tips off to the left. I slid as far over to the right on my ATV as I could to get through that part.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 LastLast