Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My VFR 750 powered mini-buggy
    Roseburg, Oregon-only an hour away from the Oregon Dunes NRA.
    Here's my mini-buggy. It's powered by a VFR 750 engine. I bought it from Sandaholic, I got it at a good price and it was turn key. He's not the origonal builder, but he did do a lot of work to it before I bought it. Short term plans are to re-powder coat the frame/suspension a differnt color, change the loud slash-cut tail pipes out with some stock GSXR mufflers I picked up, and have Champion add beadlocks to my wheels. I really enjoy it so far, it's been a great starter buggy for me.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: My VFR 750 powered mini-buggy
    Yeah at that price how could you loose if it runs good!
    The best things in life are free.......Riight, he's never been to Glamis!!
    Baja Bugs RULE!

3. Collapse Details
    good deal. I designed a set of side scoops that looked just like that 3 years ago for my first 2 seater, looked cool but took a long time to do and I was worried about people cutting their legs getting in.....
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

4. Collapse Details
    So far the scoops haven't been a problem. It's a tight fit getting in, but once I'm in there is plenty of room. Hopefully down the road I can sell my 1450 truck and get another buggy, a little bit bigger two seater, R-1 or busa powered.

By the way I like your designs Yoshi, your buggies have look all thier own.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NWOff-Roader View Post
    So far the scoops haven't been a problem. It's a tight fit getting in, but once I'm in there is plenty of room. Hopefully down the road I can sell my 1450 truck and get another buggy, a little bit bigger two seater, R-1 or busa powered.

By the way I like your designs Yoshi, your buggies have look all thier own.
    thank ya much.......
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

6. Collapse Details
    Congratulations!

See you at the Oregon Dunes in 09!

7. Collapse Details
    Your going to LOVE that motor, tons of torque. Watch the exhaust on it, that motors really fussy. If you can find a stock VFR can, it has a nice low note to it. Unless you want it to scream of course.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemnky View Post
    Your going to LOVE that motor, tons of torque. Watch the exhaust on it, that motors really fussy. If you can find a stock VFR can, it has a nice low note to it. Unless you want it to scream of course.
    What do you mean by fussy? I planned on removing the slash cut pipes where they clamp on to the exhaust and mounting up some stock GSXR 1300 mufflers or maybe even some smaller stock R-1 mufflers I got off of ebay.

If there is something to watch out for please let me know. The exhaust right now is way too loud and I just don't like the way it looks either.

Any help, ideas, advice, etc is welcome, thanks!

9. Collapse Details
    I've found on mine, if you mess with the air intake, OR the exhaust, you have to rejet the whole thing. Have you opened up the carbs yet? I'm NOT a good carb guy, and these are set up diffrent then a typical in line 4. Their basiclly downdrafts.

If you change the exhausts or pipes, you'll just have to play with the carbs to get them sinked. I also tried to put a prefilter (basiclly a filter bag) on my air cleaner, and that made it run really bad also. I've learned to just keep it as close to the way it was in the bike as possible.

But I do love the abuse these will take! Full throttle shifts, etc, it will handle whatever you throw at it. And the parts are pretty cheap on ebay. I think my last kevlar clutch cost me 20 bucks

10. Collapse Details
    That makes sense, that's pretty much true with any motor. Mess with intake or exhaust and somethings gonna change. The motor is all stock and uses the stock airbox so I don't think anything has been messed with there. The exhaust basically consists of a stock set of pipes cut and modified to a dual set-up. I'm hoping that I can just add a set of stock take off's (I have two different sets, I have to see which one fits and looks the best). If I can get by with a few simple adjustments or a re-jet I'm good.

When I took it to the dunes it felt like it had a ton of power and ran very smooth in every gear. Keep in mind I was just getting used to it (learning how to drive it basically) and probably haven't tapped into it's full potential yet.

Your right about parts too, I bought a complete set of take off carbs (off a 6000 mile motor) for $50.00. I almost got the motor they came off of for cheap too, but I missed the end of the auction.

So far so good, again any comments, suggestions, advise is welcome. Making sure the gearing is correct is next on the list.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast