Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: 05 Tazcar, just showing it off
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkw1 View Post
    If chop is the issue, adding more bleed will work wonders. Opening up a bleed hole or 2 will smooth it right out.

Are you referring to a bleed hole in the piston? Iv'e never heard of this. Can you go into a little more detail on this?
    Thanks
    Justin
    Nowhere near the desert.

2. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    Ok great, looks like I might just be able to keep my Taz. Ill put the Revolt on the back burner for now. Im in Oklahoma so I might have to ship them to Fodrills if they can help. Thanks Kfab for the help!
    I wish I could express what a pile of crap the Revolt is properly - ditch the idea, please, oh please. You have such a superior ride comparatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Deranged View Post
    Are you referring to a bleed hole in the piston? Iv'e never heard of this. Can you go into a little more detail on this?
    Thanks
    Justin
    I can’t say on the Kings but Fox has four 1/8” holes in the piston. Usually one is open and the others are pre-drilled but not thru. I would imagine that King is similar. If you end up opening one too many it’s easy enough to partially tap and put a set screw in with some red loctite.

Bleed holes make a big difference thru the choppy stuff - I had all four opened in the rear of my XP900 and it was surprisingly supple over the chop.

3. Collapse Details
    Stix, I think the wiz is getting tired of explaining to everyone how to adjust shocks?

Try persuading him with pictures of flip flops, circus peanuts and liquor in plastic cups!
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

4. Collapse Details
    Bleed holes in a Fox piston. This one has two thru holes. I was also incorrect on the diameter; they are .100", not .125"

All four holes present, two thru:

Here you can see the two thru holes:

5. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Cool Taz you have there. My taz came with a pissaris 2 smoke and those same lame tires within a month of owning it I installed a 2008 Apex all apex motors are 155hp the older RX’s are 150 non efi. Along with the motor I also added outboard brakes other than the motor the big difference was going to 15’’ 1300 STU’s w 5psi a 6.75x 15’’ razorbacks at 10 psi in the front that was a night and day difference in ride and handling . The Taz is too heavy of a buggy for 26x12 tires and the Mohawks out front don’t turn with a shit at least on mine they didn’t
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat4020 View Post
    Cool Taz you have there. My taz came with a pissaris 2 smoke and those same lame tires within a month of owning it I installed a 2008 Apex all apex motors are 155hp the older RX’s are 150 non efi. Along with the motor I also added outboard brakes other than the motor the big difference was going to 15’’ 1300 STU’s w 5psi a 6.75x 15’’ razorbacks at 10 psi in the front that was a night and day difference in ride and handling . The Taz is too heavy of a buggy for 26x12 tires and the Mohawks out front don’t turn with a shit at least on mine they didn’t
    Wow another Taz with the Apex, too cool, do you still have the Taz, I would like to see some pics of what kind of modifications you incorporated to get it to fit, like engine mounts, frame mods, oil tank, rectifier, fuse block location, exhaust. Regarding the front tires, when I went from a dual ribbed 24" X 12" to the GPS Hi Roller 27" X 12" it made a world of difference per turning and I was very pleasantly surprised with the improvement. Maybe the 26 X 12 didnt perform well for you because your front suspension geometry is set up different from mine?? I never thought of moviing into 15" , wouldnt fit in my trailer with the rear STU 1300's though. What do you mean my outboard brakes?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullnerd View Post
    Stix, I think the wiz is getting tired of explaining to everyone how to adjust shocks?

Try persuading him with pictures of flip flops, circus peanuts and liquor in plastic cups!
    LOL, who isnt tired of explaining about shocks, plug chops, oil recommendations(two stroke) and AV gas vs conventional LOL

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkw1 View Post
    If chop is the issue, adding more bleed will work wonders. Opening up a bleed hole or 2 will smooth it right out.

thanks for the help. Should I find out what my spring rates are as well as opening up the other two holes in the pistons. I remember the old Long travel Pilot I owned had the ATV Racing LT kit installed. The rear spring rates were extremely stiff, so Im wondering if Neil made the tazcars spring rates stiff as well. Im usually a hands on guy but in this case I would really like to ship the shocks to Fodrills to be "reworked" for my Taz. The following is a message I sent to Fodrills... "Hello. I own a 2005 Tazcar and Im looking to improve the ride/comfort when driving over choppy sand at Little Sahara dunes here in Oklahoma. I have upper back problems caused by two degenerated discs in my upper back so the rattling around in the cockpit aggravates my upper back and neck. I am about ready to be forced to sell my Tazcar unless I can improve the "ride" when driving over choppy sand. I was recommended to you by someone from Minibuggy.net. The Tazcar has 2.0 fox shocks at all four corners, no bypass shocks just four coilovers.. I dont know the spring rates or what kind of valving has been done if any. I would like to be able to send the shocks to you and have them "dialed in" for softest ride for my make and model Taz. Also Im not sure the spring rates are correct for the weight of the vehicle and myself. I can provide any of the cars specs, gross weight of car, weight per tire etc. when and if needed. Let me know if you can help. Thank you."
    Anything I should add or am i on the right track?

9. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    Wow another Taz with the Apex, too cool, do you still have the Taz, I would like to see some pics of what kind of modifications you incorporated to get it to fit, like engine mounts, frame mods, oil tank, rectifier, fuse block location, exhaust. Regarding the front tires, when I went from a dual ribbed 24" X 12" to the GPS Hi Roller 27" X 12" it made a world of difference per turning and I was very pleasantly surprised with the improvement. Maybe the 26 X 12 didnt perform well for you because your front suspension geometry is set up different from mine?? I never thought of moviing into 15" , wouldnt fit in my trailer with the rear STU 1300's though. What do you mean my outboard brakes?
    Yes I have the Taz and it’s a tight package i added a Gt2860 with an inter cooler.so now at 10lbs of boost I’m bout 250hp And lots of mods ta fit it in. No it’s not the geometry with the front the Taz needs 15 x 30 to work right ..This will be my 10th year with the Taz and it’s a ton of fun
    And outboards are brakes on each wheel not a disk welded to the 930 flange on the right of the RPM output shaft
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

10. Collapse Details
    Hit up Neil about the spring rates and see if he knows. If not, they probably have it engraved in the end of the coil, which is going to require pulling them off to check. (You’ll want to pull them before you ship them anyhow). If there are no markings you can still figure out the rates - http://yellowdogracing.com/springs.htm or you can find a shop with a tester - dirt track guys would be a good source.

Give Fodrill a call first and talk to them. Just a note isn’t going to get you where you need to be. They’ll play 20 questions with you. https://www.foddrillmotorsports.com/

I agree with a Ratt on the 15” wheels and outboard brakes. I never did like that 12” setup.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast