Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Odypilot's Briggs Gen 4 car
    Millenium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoDie View Post
    congrats Ody !

have you thought at all about powder coating the panels?

pretty cost effective and durable
    Thanks!

I've been researching different methods. I think I'm just going to rattle can over the existing paint, after prep. I can't seem to commit to any one scheme, so at some time in the future, I'll (no I won't!) do them proper. There's also the issue of getting a color match to what I use to coat the fiberglass hood.
    Last edited by odypilots; 07-18-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    I race, therefore I am

2. Collapse Details
    I am so jealous, envious, covetous, what ever you want to call it.... I REALLY want one of these cars.... Had no idea you got one until this weekend and we ran into k-fab at Durhamtown in Ga... What are the odds of that? By the way, good seeing you again K.... Even though you did pass me in the air like a bitch slap... Give an old man a heart attack!!!! Anyways, he was telling me you bought it, and had a thread up on it... The only other person that I would have rather gotten it is ME.... But, kids in college, driving, etc., my funds are currently directed in other directions... Yay for you!!!! Enjoy!!!!
    Hoodlum

3. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
    I am so jealous, envious, covetous, what ever you want to call it.... I REALLY want one of these cars.... Had no idea you got one until this weekend and we ran into k-fab at Durhamtown in Ga... What are the odds of that? By the way, good seeing you again K.... Even though you did pass me in the air like a bitch slap... Give an old man a heart attack!!!! Anyways, he was telling me you bought it, and had a thread up on it... The only other person that I would have rather gotten it is ME.... But, kids in college, driving, etc., my funds are currently directed in other directions... Yay for you!!!! Enjoy!!!!
    Hoodlum
    You haven't been checking into Minibuggy lately. I intended to post on OdysseyPilot, but got lazy and decided to just post here.. Thanks for the gracious wishes, I was ready to be jealous of whoever got it. As I told K-fab, it was like Christmas in June!
    I race, therefore I am

4. Collapse Details
    "k-fab at Durhamtown in Ga..."- No pics from our fearless new leader?
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

5. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
    Hoodlum
    Great seeing you too. Like I told you guys - pulled into DP, saw all these Pilots and said to myself "I HAVE to know this crew!" - saw Jamie's XP and was tickled that we had run across each other again. Man, you guys bolted early Sunday morning. I came over to give my farewell and the camp was deserted.

My first victim on the GP track was Rocketman - I think I turned under him in a corner and then proceeded to hunt you down. I knew you didn't know I was there and that double was the perfect place to let you know I was! I did over jump it a tad...

I was wishing I had my Gen IV down there - I'll bet it's 5-7 seconds a lap quicker on that GP track.

I really figured that a Pilot would spank a bone stock power XP - I'm gonna say it's all a well tuned suspension (that still needs more rebound damping). It gave me a new respect for the XP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullnerd View Post
    "k-fab at Durhamtown in Ga..."- No pics from our fearless new leader?
    Oh God! If I'm the leader, we're gonna be lost! - fortunately I run a GPS, so we'll be able to figure out how to get home... Still waiting on Amergin to help me move everything into my name so I can get on the vBulletin board and start learning about what I'm getting into.

Yea, no pix - forgot to mount up the Go-Pro.

6. Collapse Details
    Yea, we busted out pretty early Sunday... I think the pilot will do a bit better than I did, just for the fact I have no desire tangling with a 1000lb+ xp....I am pretty sure you would win that battle!!!! I wish we had the opportunity to do some timed solo runs or something... Not sure it would have made much difference because you were pretty fast!!! Mark got the 500 rocketship out Saturday afternoon and was burning that track up... He was clearing that double by at least 20 ft.... The trails were pretty rough, but that track is a blast.... Hope we get a chance to do it again soon!!!!
    Hoodlum

7. Collapse Details
    And I missed it all!

8. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    I threw the Briggs car up on the highly accurate Team OPR scales (4 bathroom units), and it came to 750 lbs. That was with an estimated 1/2 tank of fuel and the BIG 27x12x12 Bear Claw tires on the rear.
    I race, therefore I am

9. Collapse Details
    Any pics of the car with the different tires? I'd like to see how that looks.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

10. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    I'll take one for you.
    I race, therefore I am

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast