Thread: Short Sand Car

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Short Sand Car
    I just traded for this sand car, can't hardly wait till summer to see how it does in the dunes.
    It's a Short Sand Car/Sand Rail with a Suzuki 1200cc engine,has nitrous system, Competition Headers, and MTC Clutch Pak!
    All (4) Yarnell Shocks, adjustable Clutch/Brake pedals, Lazer Star lights, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Simpson 5 point Harnesees, MSD Ignition, Twin Oil Coolers with Fan, K&N Air filters.
    Paddles for the rear, Sand tires on the front.
    Not sure I'll run the Nitrous system as I think a 1200cc crotch rocket engine should be plenty fast for me.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Short Sand Car
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Welcome to MiniBuggy.net. & good luck with your short sand car
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

3. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the site. Do yourself a favor and loose the K/N air filters or at least get outerwears for them.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

4. Collapse Details
    That should get along quite well with that 1200. I just sold an early Short Sand Car that had an 800cc 2-smoke twin in it. It was a strong but light chassis:

Polaris Mini Sandrail Sand Car BUGGY Electric Start REVERSE w/Title RZR Polaris Mini Sandrail Sand Car BUGGY Electric Start REVERSE w/Title RZR | eBay

Enjoy!

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the welcome guys!
    Yeah, I know about those K&N Filters, I already have Outerwares for them. They'll have to do for now as I'm still not sure if I am keeping it or selling it.
    Haven't been able to get it out due to the weather.
    According to the guy I got it from, it hauls!

6. Collapse Details
    I have heard pros and cons about there suspensions (especially the early ones like that is (i.e. not long travel)) but those cars are pretty light so it should scoot like hell on the smoother stuff. Just don't go blasting into the big whoops at mega speeds. Might be a youtube moment if yah do.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the advice!
    I have a RZR 800, which is what I use the most for trail riding, etc. Have taken it to the dunes here in CO & Killpecker in WY, does OK for a 4X4. But kinda excited to try the rail out.

8. Collapse Details
    welcome D,
    I have one almost the same only a single seater with a 700cc motor. It will want to pitch the ass end up in the woops and the rear likes to come up in the jumps. I put limit straps on mine wont know how they work till next month.Other than that it will be a fun car to drive in the dunes. It looks good. If you decide to sell let me know.
    T.

9. Collapse Details
    While those rear ends are somewhat limited in travel it sounds like some quality time with shock tuning could REALLY help out your ride Senior Dune Dude.

10. Collapse Details
    Ya I have been tunning it, almost there. I have 4 settings on the rear and 6" more inches on the fronts. I can go one more on the rear so next month at Glamis well see how it does. When I got this it was set on the max, thing rode like a tank and since it was my first time in one of these I was making adjustments by feel. last trip It did ok on the jumps didn't bottom out, held good on the bowls. Going to be tunning the rears this time. Im thinking about changing the rear suspension next season and instaling the ninja motor. The car only weighs 600lbs so the raptor motor goes plenty fast for me. I think another 50 hp will make this scary fast. Once again hp is only good if you have the suspension to handle it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast