1. Collapse Details
    My Vintage Modified FL250 Class 3 Racer
    This is going to be my next restore project. It was at one time FL250 Odyssey. It was raced nationaly in the 80's. It has full suspension along with a 360cc Cammex Racing Products engine. The car is low to the ground and turns a fast lap on a track. I got the car complete but missing the original radiator and tires. With the 8" driven clutch the car goes about 70mph. I have been told by a few that this is a peace of Odyssey racing history. Cammex Racing Products made the jug and head to fit the Ody FL250 bottom end. been told it was rated at 50hp plus. Has a really nice hand made pipe.

Anyway thought I would show it off here. It will be getting a full restore like in the magazine pic below. The only original fl250 parts are the steering wheel and reduction unit. Along with the brakes.

I have also been told that it will be a FL350 and FL400 killer if raced with them. They say I have a 175lbs weight advantage. It is light for I can load it into my truck alone. hoping to find a class I can race this old guy in. I bought this buggy as seen in pics and vids for $800.

YouTube - ‪Honda Odyssey Racer Vintage 80's FL250 Walk Around‬‏

YouTube - ‪Vintage Odyssey Race Buggy FL250 80's Racing First Ride‬‏
    Last edited by bighead; 06-30-2011 at 12:56 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: My Vintage Modified FL250 Class 3 Racer
    man you STOLE THAT!!!!!!!! Way CooL!

3. Collapse Details
    Ahh, Sled motors... We used to run those in our Mini Indy cars and I had forgotten about the 2 stroke smoke and CVT clutch engine revs. That's a good price for sure, but you need an 800cc triple in that thing!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniFormulaIndy View Post
    Ahh, Sled motors... We used to run those in our Mini Indy cars and I had forgotten about the 2 stroke smoke and CVT clutch engine revs. That's a good price for sure, but you need an 800cc triple in that thing!
    Thanks guys,

Mini this is not sled motor. It is an Honda FL250 internals with custom made cases,jug and head from Cammex Racing Products. These engines were raced nationaly in the 80's. This car was raced in the open class 3. it has 360cc with a little over 50hp. I have been offered some very good money for the engine. I am going to be keeping this one. it also has the Comet and Powerbloc clutches. Back in 1980 this would have been the very best of the best when it comes to Odyssey Racing.

Being that is a Vintage Odyssey racer I am going to restore to original race condition. Here is some info I found out on the engine from the owner of Cammex Racing Products (CRP) I have been told I have a part of Buggy/Odyssey racing history. That this was one of the cars that started it all. I am going to keep it original at all cost. I have a few of the old Odyssey racers. And Old Challenger racer as well. My goal is to restore them to original race condition. Why? I do not know friend. Just thought it would be cool. I will post a vid of my Challenger racer below. This car was a two time national champion driven by Janice Carlock. As you can see I am an FL250 collector. I love these old machines.

This is from the old Cammex owner. He is a member over at three wheeler world.

You do indeed have a piece of Odyssey Racing history, GREAT FIND!
    The engine is a CAMMEX Racing Products, (CRP) 250cc engine.....(unless it had one of the "Open Class" engines, then it could be as large as a 360cc), The cylinder was the same cylinder and head that we made to fit onto the 81-84 ATC250R engine, that cylinder and head were built for the 250 class AND the open class, so the only way to tell which you may have is to pull the head and take some measurements.
    We built the cases for the Odyssey to adapt the existing Cammex cylinders to that engine compartment. The engine should run very well, ones just like that, (in fact....could have been that one....lol), won quite a few AATVA Nationals in their day.
    There were many guys that ran the engines, but you might look for anything about one of the "Bagus" brothers, (may have been spelled "Bogus"), the two brothers ran very hard, won several major races, and I believe at least one of them, (Mike Bagus.....I think), either won or took 2nd in the National Championship Points a year or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBrEt2N4dU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpEL0TIEi2M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFE2ughj-EQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhYpZcympiQ
    Last edited by bighead; 06-30-2011 at 01:25 AM.