1. Collapse Details
    I need a part made...
    Any of you machinist types wanna help me out? I need a 40mm standoff made that's center-bored with M10x1.25 threads on the male and female ends. It's basically extending my motorcycle's forks...would prefer it be made of stainless (can't be mild or aluminum). Having a hell of a time finding someone who doesn't want $100 a piece or can't do it until March.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: I need a part made...
    Cant help with production but if it's for a fork it's going to need to be made of a high grade steel. Failure is not sounding like an option you would want to risk. Finish can be done easily after. Electro plating and so forth.
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

3. Collapse Details
    It doesn't have to be anything super special...it's a cartridge extension to let me stretch the forks out another 40mm. It's under compression, the only time it's under tension is if I pick the front up and then it's only supporting the weight of the front wheel. The rest of the damper assembly is made out of plastic and aluminum.

4. Collapse Details
    Makenze, I don't know if it's possible on your bike, but I've flipped the top tripple upside down on a few different bikes. It allows you to slide the fork tubes down a little and raises the bike.

What kind of bike is it?

5. Collapse Details
    I'm running '08 ZX6R forks in Hyosung GT650R triples. The ZX forks are about 2" shorter than the GTR forks...just trying to make up some of that length. The top triple is flush on top and the top lock nut on the stem sits in a milled socket in the bottom of the triple so no flipping it over.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by makenzie71 View Post
    I'm running '08 ZX6R forks in Hyosung GT650R triples. The ZX forks are about 2" shorter than the GTR forks...just trying to make up some of that length. The top triple is flush on top and the top lock nut on the stem sits in a milled socket in the bottom of the triple so no flipping it over.
    I've flipped an 03 636 triple so I could put my clipons on top of the tripple. I wonder if the 03 04 triple would work for you?

7. Collapse Details
    It would possibly get me a few mm but the ZX triples won't work easily with the GTR frame...the stock GTR stem is like 20mm vs the ZX stem at something like 40mm at the base, which would make for a HUGE bushing to swap stems and an unavailable bearing size to convert bearing races. I thought about using 954 triples to get a little rise since they're all drop down setups, but it screws up my alignment...the ZX front end is 1mm match on fork spacing in the GTR triples. the plan is actually to mill out the bottom of the top triple to gain some space there, and then use these standoffs under the damper cartridge to get another 40mm. I need to get 43~46mm total to get my geometry back where I want it.

8. Collapse Details
    Forgot to mention...I need the body bored out 1/8" or 3mm...which ever.

A hurdle for a lot of folks is that a lot of garage machinists aren't setup for cutting metric threads...if I can get the body and bore done, I can tap and thread it myself.