Thread: Rip Off

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Rip Off
    Hey, has anyone noticed that guy selling prosand's frames and center carrier's on Ebay? This guy is a rip off and charging more money for someone elses product.

2. Collapse Details
    ya, but this is how business works, buy someone elses product and mark it up, that is the name of the game. 8)

3. Collapse Details
    I understand perfectly how business works. Just the other day my partner and I almost got screwed over on the price and quantity of tubing. We ordered and we're quoted for a price and amount a month ago. When we picked up the tubing we were charged with that days steel price. That was cleared up easily, but when we counted out the quantity of tubing there was about 25' missing. It's funny how the missing tubing added up to the price difference of our original quote.

4. Collapse Details
    ya i had that same expirience first time i bought tubing, ordered 24' and sent 18' same amount but 36' or so short. 8)

5. Collapse Details
    i finally seen it on ebay, rear drive complete 1000 bux, buy nicer one from desertkarts for 600, i think it is girards buddy, he mentions keith on his website, i think he wants 1200 or something for a complete 5 link setup, its a real jewel looking thing also, i believe that pis is on girards site as well.

6. Collapse Details
    What a good friend Girard has...LOL "Hey buddy let me sell your stuff on ebay so I can make more money than you on your ideas"

Girard seems like a good guy who wants to get people in this sport by keeping things cheap for the builder. You would think Girard might be a little upset at this Keith guy for ruining that concept.

Do you know the rear drive unit that Girard's friend John is selling on Girard's website for $300.00? The Keith guy is trying to sell it on ebay for over $500. What a buddy and a pal...LOL

I don't need friends like this.

7. Collapse Details
    john is also selling on here.

and if you check keiths feedback, i dont see any to do with buggys, some one would need be very high "cracked smoking" to buy!!

8. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I agree. The thing is, most people on this sight are looking for the best buy, cheapest deal, etc., because we can't afford the top dollar parts. This sight would'nt exist without us working class folk that can't afford to buy a $30,000 sandrail. So, I just don't want to see anyone spend anymore money then they have to.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehr58
    Yeah, I agree. The thing is, most people on this sight are looking for the best buy, cheapest deal, etc., because we can't afford the top dollar parts. This sight would'nt exist without us working class folk that can't afford to buy a $30,000 sandrail. So, I just don't want to see anyone spend anymore money then they have to.
    That's just the way it is. You can buy the same product cheaper at different stores. perfect example is a hoist I just bought for my shop. It's a nice setup, automatic and good for 1300 pounds. I paid $199 for it and a week later I found the same hoist somewhere else for $99. I bought a couple tranny scissor lift stands for my rails at $80 each and found them later somewhere else for $58. I also paid $25 each for some weld yokes that I found up the street all day long for $11. Nothing wrong with people making profit on things. Bottled water sells for more per gallon than gas by over 3 times and thier profit margin has to be around 3 or 400 percent, alot more than gas. People want to pay cheap for stuff but manufacturers and dealers want to make money too so they can charge whatever they want. I don't think their scamming people, shop around and make a purchase that you feel comfortable with, you don't have to buy from certain people......
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

10. Collapse Details
    you are right yoshi, nothing wrong with making money, but this guy must think people are real stupid, because the frames for example are very easy to find, companys make money on products that are not a click away! but if you can find something in 2 seconds for 2/3 price, you will probbaly buy there correct. 8)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast