1. Collapse Details
    Desert Kart plans purchase.
    Hey all, I have in my possession Desert Kart plans I purchased way back when rocks were soft. Recently there was an accident and my plans are now soaked. The plastic cover they are shipped in did not help any. Tried to dry them to no progress. So I would like to purchase some more but I hear Desert Karts (Greg?) move to Nevada and the website does nothing. Can someone give me some feed back? Have you had luck getting anything from Desert Karts lately? Please let me know. I would really like to purchase some more plans. Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Desert Kart plans purchase.
    I purchased plans a couple months ago and received them. Took a couple weeks but they came.

3. Collapse Details
    Do the plans require purchasing hardware from them? I hear a number of people have a very hard time getting hardware from Desert Karts.

4. Collapse Details
    Funny you should ask... No you do not need anything from them to build, although it may be easier to apply if you do. Funny cause I went to a metal works shop today with my zombie plans.. (wet and unusable except the last page) and asked if they would be able to make some hubs etc.... The owner says.... man I have not seen those plans in years, how is greg? Im like, uhh, somewhere else.. The owner says at one time greg walked in and ask if he would fab those parts for him. Ha! I found the origin of parts! Now, on to the legal stuff... Im not sure he can cut them from my plans. He said no worries, he still has his own set. To clear things up, Desert Karts used to be homed in Yuma, AZ. Now greg is in Nevada?

5. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Only part I bought from Greg was the poly bushings. I modified the front suspension and the rear. I made the center spool to the specs.

If you put anything 600cc or more I'd change/beef up front spindles, rear trailing arms, and the center drive spool. <<<<experience.

6. Collapse Details
    I got all my bushings at moore parts. Parts pricing is comparable but the shipping was outrageous (something like $33 for a small box that weighed nothing). I also went with a 1-1/4" tubing as opposed to 1". I agree with Riddle. I'm following the trailing arm plans to an extent, but beefing them up with some gussets. I also used a different rear end setup and likely will go with proto's center spool.

I haven't gotten to my front spindles yet, but I'm planning on using them off an old 400ex I have parts for. Not the best, but Its cheap for me, so we'll see how it goes.

7. Collapse Details
    Glad to hear everything is working out for everybody. Hopefully there will be many build logs posted to follow. Thanks thenxtEMIG for posting. I was hoping to hear from someone that has received some plans lately. Guess I will just have to buy some more again and hope they come.