Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Ballistic Fabrication - Not Happy
    Placed an order on May 9th for two weld-in threaded rod ends, and my credit card was charged on the same day. On May 18th I hadn't received anything yet, so I sent them an email asking for a tracking number. The next day I get this reply...

"This has been packed up and waiting for usps to pick it up. For whatever reason something is holding it up. I will make sure it leaves on a UPS truck today."

If the items I have paid for have been packed up and ready to ship, then get your ass out of the office and go ship it! Over a week since they charged my card and they hadn't even shipped my order out yet.

So I sent a reply email again asking for a tracking number, and finally here it is 11 days after they charged my credit card they finially get the two measly rod ends I ordered in the mail. With this company being in Arizona and me living in Wyoming I should have received my parts that same week.

I won't be using Ballistic Fabrication ever again. If you are going to host a web site touting how big and fancy your shop is and how advanced your machinery is, then perhaps you should invest in a shipping account so you can actually get your products out to your customers.

Glad I didn't order anything more than 2 simple rod ends.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Ballistic Fabrication - Not Happy
    I've experienced similar delays with Dan's Performance Parts. every part I have ordered from there has been great. They are lazy and ship when they feel like though...guess that's why its not called Dan's performance shipping Dept...

..and if any of you out there know Dan personally feel free to forward this to him.

I will oreder from Dan again I am sure, but not if Im in a hurry.
    Glock n Ballz
    Ft. Worth, Tx

3. Collapse Details
    Dan's has been slow for me also, but at most it takes a week to get stuff out the door. I used pacific customs on my order last week. I placed it saturday night around midnight, parts were shipped out early monday, and got to my house on thursday. I am very pleased with them. Some of their prices were below Dan's also.

I used ML Motorsports when I ordered bungs, and I bought QA1 heims from a company which doesn't sell them anymore.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

4. Collapse Details
    The way I see it is this... you wouldn't go to the grocery store, pay for your items and have them wait to bag your items or let you pick them up from the store for almost 2 weeks... would you?

If I pay for an item, I expect it to get shipped out within 48hrs of them taking my money. I get so sick of these online companies taking your payment ASAP, then sitting on their ass and not sending out the goods for weeks. Its ridiculous and I make it a point to never do business with these sorts of companies ever again. This sort of thing is just bad business. There's no other way to put it.

Here's to you ballistic fabrication...

5. Collapse Details
    220 miles east of Glamis>>>Aka North Phoenix Az
    Well I would say yeah to your rant. I am one of those people that say "How soon is now!"
    But I take it Wyoming doesn't have many buggy parts shops there. But that being said I have bought stuff off the internet and hey most people are on top of it and get to the shipping Pronto... And have had some forget I paid them!! So I get it.... Now you know where not to order from.

I could give you 1000 places that ship fast. But at the least your not like Member "Fully" and have paid for a Carb and its been WEEKS and nothing.... He is emailing, working with pay pal I believe.. and The seller is also a member on this site...

It could have been worse Bigred... But glad you got the parts.

On the up side the world didnt explode today and were all alive.. So much for predictions national news!!!

6. Collapse Details
    It is possible that the part you ordered was out of stock, and was not the next in line on the lathe.

I've ordered rod ends from them and get them 2 days later, but these are not parts they manufacture.

7. Collapse Details
    For what its worth, I've actually had decent service from Ballistic. I ordered a bunch of laser cut tabs. I didn't hear anything at all but within 5-6 days the box showed up. Two tabs were missing, one was 3/16" instead of 1/4", and another had some cutting defects. I emailed them with pictures of what they sent. I heard nothing from them at all; but like the first time, a week later the replacement parts showed up at no cost whatsoever.

That was enough for me to order from them again and I had zero issues the second time around.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerocket View Post
    It is possible that the part you ordered was out of stock, and was not the next in line on the lathe.

I've ordered rod ends from them and get them 2 days later, but these are not parts they manufacture.
    Read the email I quoted in the first part of the page. The guy claims he had them boxed up and ready to go and blamed it on USPS. The rod ends finially showed up yesterday and the shipping date on package was the 19th. Plain and simple they should have got their ass out of the chair and sent the parts out once they took payment.

i wouldn't have had a problem if the parts were back-ordered, if they had let me know that's what the deal was, and had done so after taking my payment. Or even better, before taking my payment.

Their web site touts all the big process machinery they have and how big their shop is... I would expect they have rod ends on hand, or could produce them easily. I used to work in a machine shop and know how it all works...

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed350x View Post
    Placed an order on May 9th for two weld-in threaded rod ends, and my credit card was charged on the same day. On May 18th I hadn't received anything yet, so I sent them an email asking for a tracking number. The next day I get this reply...

"This has been packed up and waiting for usps to pick it up. For whatever reason something is holding it up. I will make sure it leaves on a UPS truck today."

If the items I have paid for have been packed up and ready to ship, then get your ass out of the office and go ship it! Over a week since they charged my card and they hadn't even shipped my order out yet.

So I sent a reply email again asking for a tracking number, and finally here it is 11 days after they charged my credit card they finially get the two measly rod ends I ordered in the mail. With this company being in Arizona and me living in Wyoming I should have received my parts that same week.

I won't be using Ballistic Fabrication ever again. If you are going to host a web site touting how big and fancy your shop is and how advanced your machinery is, then perhaps you should invest in a shipping account so you can actually get your products out to your customers.

Glad I didn't order anything more than 2 simple rod ends.
    What is a weld in threaded rod end? Very strange sounding part to me. I can only imagine you mean a weld in threaded tube adapter.

Yes I did read it, however you did not specify when they told you it was packaged. It could have been packaged that morning. And shipped that night or next morning.

I'm sure you spoke to someone before you ordered your parts to be sure they'd arrive when you expected them? You normally buy plane tickets at the counter as well right? Wouldn't want to pay months in advance for a seat, that you may not even get.

Enter more QQ here.

10. Collapse Details
    220 miles east of Glamis>>>Aka North Phoenix Az
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerocket View Post
    What is a weld in threaded rod end? Very strange sounding part to me. I can only imagine you mean a weld in threaded tube adapter.

threaded rod end>>>

Last edited by Chikin; 05-25-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast